Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 07-10-2021 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185548)
Hi guys, Im fch from ntu trying to apply audit but got no luck at all. Any advise on how to get offer? LOL

Or is it currently bad time to apply, what would be a better time

Go investment bank lah bro

Unregistered 07-10-2021 01:52 PM

I not good enough for IB haha, I just wanna get a chill brainless job and spend time outside focusing on my own ventures.

Unregistered 07-10-2021 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185551)
I not good enough for IB haha, I just wanna get a chill brainless job and spend time outside focusing on my own ventures.

U think big 4 give u time to do other stuff?

Unregistered 07-10-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Hi guys, Im fch from ntu trying to apply audit but got no luck at all. Any advise on how to get offer? LOL

Honestly these day I don’t see many FCH going to B4 when they have access to more attractive job offers.

You have to really enjoy and be passionate about the job like me or be ambitious about climbing really high in the corporate ladder to join.

Unregistered 07-10-2021 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185589)
Honestly these day I don’t see many FCH going to B4 when they have access to more attractive job offers.

You have to really enjoy and be passionate about the job like me or be ambitious about climbing really high in the corporate ladder to join.

Applying for big 4 audit with a FCH is like buying a Ferrari and driving it in the leftmost lane.

Unregistered 07-10-2021 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185593)
Applying for big 4 audit with a FCH is like buying a Ferrari and driving it in the leftmost lane.

Haha for me it’s the other way round. I really wanted to go big 4 audit (since my secondary school POA days) so I studied hard to get in.

Unregistered 07-10-2021 07:12 PM

Fu auditors!

Unregistered 07-10-2021 07:34 PM

Assurance and audit is slacking right now. Juniors doing wedding planning, house hunting, reno works during office hrs ( while " work from home " )

Imagine what more the bosses

Unregistered 07-10-2021 07:44 PM

Can someone share with me the trajectory of a person in assurance and future career options

Is assurance the better payed fields

Unregistered 08-10-2021 12:27 AM

Quote:

Are you trolling?

Big 4 audit can only attract work permit holders and private uni grads. They have problems hiring and retaining local uni grads. Leadership still doesn't understand younger generation prefer work life balance and increasing the pay doesn't really solve the problem.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 02:45 AM

To auditors out there, do you feel that the audit add value to the business? Feeling disillusioned about what we are doing if it is actually meaningful or just going through the motion and paperwork.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185402)
What if the whole team throws letter at the same time during peak? Where to find so many people to replace outgoing staff? Our team was understaffed last year and we didn't manage to pull staff from other team or hire new people. Not even intern

You don’t get it don’t you? So how did your team pulled through last year? That is how it will be done this year my friend. Your team didn't managed to get new staff because it was deemed sufficient headcount by management. If everyone left, definitely they will be able to squeeze staff out. Your “understaff” is the new normal team size going forward.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185635)
To auditors out there, do you feel that the audit add value to the business? Feeling disillusioned about what we are doing if it is actually meaningful or just going through the motion and paperwork.

Duh no, statutory audit is to make them comply with law. Of course no value add to the business. You’re just a compliance cost.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185626)
Are you trolling?

Big 4 audit can only attract work permit holders and private uni grads. They have problems hiring and retaining local uni grads. Leadership still doesn't understand younger generation prefer work life balance and increasing the pay doesn't really solve the problem.

Not true. There are plenty of local university graduates in B4.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185656)
Not true. There are plenty of local university graduates in B4.

Those are the ones who are either:
1. Partner dream
2. Cannot get job elsewhere
3. Plan to exit after CFA

Unregistered 08-10-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

When disillusioned, time to leave. That's when I searched aggressively and left.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 11:32 PM

Quote:

going through the motion and paperwork is ok with me. It is the insane workload and unreasonable arbitrary deadlines which make me feel disillusioned. Partners and managers will squeeze everyone dry just to increase profit margin.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185724)
going through the motion and paperwork is ok with me. It is the insane workload and unreasonable arbitrary deadlines which make me feel disillusioned. Partners and managers will squeeze everyone dry just to increase profit margin.

Don't take it out on managers... they're just employees also, getting instructions from above.

You work long enough you will become manager also and understand.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 11:55 PM

Black recently announced pay increment across levels. Left with blue now, blue management acting blur

Unregistered 09-10-2021 12:07 AM

So which one highest pay for SA1

Unregistered 09-10-2021 12:57 AM

If hours are so long, how come no news of auditor collapsing in the shower?

Unregistered 09-10-2021 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185732)

now work from home. can always take afternoon nap

Unregistered 09-10-2021 08:33 AM

Hello. Anyone taking SCAQ Taxation?

Unregistered 09-10-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

What makes you think no such cases?

Unregistered 09-10-2021 10:04 PM

Quote:

work until collapse still don't want to throw letter? work until water enter brain ah?

if work culture is really so bad then everyone should quit right before peak period to teach the company a good lesson

Unregistered 10-10-2021 03:49 PM

It is utter******** that culture is bad. work from home is the best thing ever, everyone is relaxing at home unnoticed, no need go to clients locations, save time on travelling to& fro daily , wake up late , earn high salary.

Bosses cannot track how "hard" you are working, as long as you can wayang can alrdy and produce reports when they are due

Unregistered 10-10-2021 03:51 PM

No boss is going to micromanage and ask you to send what you did every single day. Most people are just resting at home, doing other things and then rushing when reports are due.

Meetings are also on zoom. If not important ones, can just zone out and do other work on another desktop. Work from home is the best time saving entity and i dont think poeple will want to ever go back to big 4 office

Unregistered 10-10-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185815)
It is utter******** that culture is bad. work from home is the best thing ever, everyone is relaxing at home unnoticed, no need go to clients locations, save time on travelling to& fro daily , wake up late , earn high salary.

Bosses cannot track how "hard" you are working, as long as you can wayang can alrdy and produce reports when they are due

You are not from big 4 right. How to ever relax in big 4 when one is doing 2 to 3 persons’ work.

Unregistered 10-10-2021 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185816)
No boss is going to micromanage and ask you to send what you did every single day. Most people are just resting at home, doing other things and then rushing when reports are due.

Meetings are also on zoom. If not important ones, can just zone out and do other work on another desktop. Work from home is the best time saving entity and i dont think poeple will want to ever go back to big 4 office

Depends on engagement team.

Some managers like to micromanage and will often ask for status update. Some don't care.

I agree that WFH is good. More people would have resigned if there was no WFH.

WFH also means no more BS like OT in client office until 12am and returning at 9am, work until collapse, or wasting time to travel to and from client's office in Tuas/changi.

Unregistered 10-10-2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185823)
You are not from big 4 right. How to ever relax in big 4 when one is doing 2 to 3 persons’ work.

Set boundaries lor. cannot finish means cannot finish. Tell your partner to staff more people if you want us to meet the deadline. What is the worst they can do? Fire you? Do you think they will fire you when they have shortage of manpower?

Unregistered 10-10-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185827)
Set boundaries lor. cannot finish means cannot finish. Tell your partner to staff more people if you want us to meet the deadline. What is the worst they can do? Fire you? Do you think they will fire you when they have shortage of manpower?

Wont fire you, but wont promote you either. As simple as that.

Unregistered 10-10-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185825)
Depends on engagement team.

Some managers like to micromanage and will often ask for status update. Some don't care.

I agree that WFH is good. More people would have resigned if there was no WFH.

WFH also means no more BS like OT in client office until 12am and returning at 9am, work until collapse, or wasting time to travel to and from client's office in Tuas/changi.

From another perspective, it is precisely we are wfh too much which is why the resignations are so high. There are no close bonds with engagement teams and people will have no qualms in leaving.

Unregistered 10-10-2021 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185828)
Wont fire you, but wont promote you either. As simple as that.

Serious? A job that doesn’t fire you even if you don’t deliver?

Got so good lobang?

Unregistered 10-10-2021 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185832)

Got so good lobang?

Got. Civil service. Covid multi ministry taskforce.

Unregistered 10-10-2021 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185832)

Got so good lobang?

Wait long long...you will be labelled as underperformer and you probably get asked to leave by the firm (they called it PIP - Performance Improvement Plan)

Unregistered 10-10-2021 08:51 PM

anyone got experience with pwc case interview? for pwc SEAC grad role

Unregistered 10-10-2021 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185834)
Got. Civil service. Covid multi ministry taskforce.

Ya.. they are always taking a step back. High chance 3 years later they will voted out!

Unregistered 10-10-2021 09:44 PM

Heard most people wanna go on partner track , females esp unmarried
Pity they are married to their job

Unregistered 10-10-2021 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185836)
anyone got experience with pwc case interview? for pwc SEAC grad role

Farking hard!

Unregistered 10-10-2021 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185839)
Heard most people wanna go on partner track , females esp unmarried
Pity they are married to their job

Lol that can't be good news for our fertility rate.