Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 08-08-2021 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179629)
You live under a rock ah? Or you didn’t attend the townhall?

Even if you missed that, surely you got check your bank account?

Can confirm this guy trolling. Just ignore him. Check his bank account? If he’s in blue firm, why would he even ask in the first place? Surely, you got check your brain?

Unregistered 08-08-2021 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179630)
Can confirm this guy trolling. Just ignore him. Check his bank account? If he’s in blue firm, why would he even ask in the first place? Surely, you got check your brain?

Ok good point he is not in blue firm then.

Then at least learn to Google because it is LITERALLY IN THE NEWS.

s://home.kpmg/sg/en/home/careers/graduates/industry-leading-career-development.html

Unregistered 08-08-2021 07:48 PM

s://.straitstimes.com/business/banking/kpmg-to-give-20-pay-bump-to-auditors-for-chartered-accountant-qualification

I have gone to the extend of spoon feeding the link to the news.

Seriously people these days so lazy one ah? Cannot Google?

This is damn funny

Unregistered 08-08-2021 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179632)
s://.straitstimes.com/business/banking/kpmg-to-give-20-pay-bump-to-auditors-for-chartered-accountant-qualification

This is damn funny

LOL THIS A OLD NEWS DUDE. I am sure he is asking regarding the recent orange and yellow increase in salary. Are you even in big 4? This pay bump is for CA qualification and is like 2 years back hahaha

Unregistered 08-08-2021 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179632)

This is damn funny

Dude don’t bother getting agitated. As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Sometimes I reply people but they refuse to read and still say we didn’t answer them.

Enjoy your day.

Unregistered 08-08-2021 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179633)
LOL THIS A OLD NEWS DUDE. I am sure he is asking regarding the recent orange and yellow increase in salary. Are you even in big 4? This pay bump is for CA qualification and is like 2 years back hahaha

He is asking about blue - and this is recent years because it was delayed until last month.

Unregistered 08-08-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179633)

Like I said just ignore him. A lot trollers out there.

Unregistered 08-08-2021 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179634)
Dude don’t bother getting agitated. As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Sometimes I reply people but they refuse to read and still say we didn’t answer them.

Enjoy your day.

I’m closing to realise, when you quote someone, they only read the quoted post and not the “history” like one or two pages back. So they lose context.

You see the guy above me, we talking about blue he suddenly mention orange and yellow. Not even on the same page then anyhow talk...

Unregistered 08-08-2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179636)
Like I said just ignore him. A lot trollers out there.

Yes - like you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179635)
He is asking about blue - and this is recent years because it was delayed until last month.

Recently orange and yellow announce increment and he was asking if blue gonna do the same

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179637)
I’m closing to realise, when you quote someone, they only read the quoted post and not the “history” like one or two pages back. So they lose context.

You see the guy above me, we talking about blue he suddenly mention orange and yellow. Not even on the same page then anyhow talk...

I don’t think so. They are just trolling to waste your time.

Unregistered 08-08-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Recently orange and yellow announced increment... he was asking if blue gonna do the same

Unregistered 08-08-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

Talking about context, i think you lost it

Unregistered 08-08-2021 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179641)
Recently orange and yellow announced increment... he was asking if blue gonna do the same

Yes, was asking if there are any “new” news for blue.

Unregistered 08-08-2021 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179626)

As for the situation, didn't know it was that bad. Wonder what happened that caused the mass exodus last year

Too many trolls around, but this one I can help you out a bit.

Below information is not specific to any one particular firm.

Because of the global pandemic, many countries implemented lockdowns and restrictions - it has one cumulative impact - a reduction in business activity. Number of IPOs, M&As, business expansions and new ventures would have plunged in 2020.

Professional services firm naturally forecasted lower volume of business, and undertook cost cutting measures, including adjustments to employee compensation. Now I won’t share what each firm did - that’s P&C but you can just ask around.

The bottom line is total employee compensation was adjusted in a manner that wasn’t acceptable or satisfactorily to some people, so they resigned. And it’s a slippery slope here, when you see your friends leave, you might consider throwing in the towel too.

This is against the backdrop of there actually being, in my opinion, even more procedures to do. Impairment testing, going concern evaluation, accounting for government grants, breach of debt covenants etc just meant we had even more to work with due to the economic uncertainty.

Unregistered 08-08-2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179643)
Yes, was asking if there are any “new” news for blue.

Haha I see. But I won’t know what’s “new” to you unless I can read your mind to know what you already know.

Anyway I have shared with you the “latest” news. If you are already aware of it, congrats, you are updated to the newest version and there is no further update available.

Unregistered 08-08-2021 08:25 PM

blue news where

Unregistered 08-08-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179649)
Haha I see. But I won’t know what’s “new” to you unless I can read your mind to know what you already know.

Anyway I have shared with you the “latest” news. If you are already aware of it, congrats, you are updated to the newest version and there is no further update available.

LOL that was old news by the way. Obviously people wouldn't ask here if answer is in google. Only dumbass like you assume that people post questions here without googling

Unregistered 08-08-2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179656)
LOL that was old news by the way. Obviously people wouldn't ask here if answer is in google. Only dumbass like you assume that people post questions here without googling

It’s not old news - it’s the latest news.

But yes I jumped to conclusions there. Sorry about that.

Unregistered 09-08-2021 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179650)
blue news where

Nowadays blue firm dont pay increment and bonus in july anymore? How come still asking this question now in August.

Unregistered 09-08-2021 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179678)
Nowadays blue firm dont pay increment and bonus in july anymore? How come still asking this question now in August.

It is in July.

Unregistered 09-08-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179681)
It is in July.

So how much is it?

Unregistered 09-08-2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179685)
So how much is it?

No increment

Unregistered 09-08-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179702)
No increment

There is the usual increment and bonus but no “new” changes to salary compensation

Unregistered 09-08-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179702)
No increment

Even for those promoted?

Unregistered 09-08-2021 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179704)
There is the usual increment and bonus but no “new” changes to salary compensation

So confusing.

Unregistered 10-08-2021 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179625)
for yellow, cyber was the first to get the pay adjustment. rest of the departments get them in oct

the "adjustment" just brings back the pay to precovid times so you can roughly know how much by looking at past posts.

hi bro.. can share how much % your increment was?

Unregistered 11-08-2021 12:07 AM

May I know when is orange firm commencement date for grads?

Unregistered 11-08-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179828)
May I know when is orange firm commencement date for grads?

There are a few openings. End june, july and august for this year. The intakes last year were august and September. Apparently many associates left during the past year and they need “slaves” earlier. Generally big 4 turnover increases even more during the pandemic

Unregistered Yellow 15-08-2021 12:18 PM

I'm an SM in yellow (consulting), alot of 'rah rah' news from townhalls, etc that there will be a new compensation scheme. But as of today no concrete details whatsoever, apart from 'wait for it' and we will release more news closer to Sept/Oct.

But alot of my colleagues and team members fed up and have left the firm. Hard not to do so when outside offers are almost 20-30% more than our salary for FY2021.

Unregistered 15-08-2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered Yellow (Post 180145)
I'm an SM in yellow (consulting), alot of 'rah rah' news from townhalls, etc that there will be a new compensation scheme. But as of today no concrete details whatsoever, apart from 'wait for it' and we will release more news closer to Sept/Oct.

But alot of my colleagues and team members fed up and have left the firm. Hard not to do so when outside offers are almost 20-30% more than our salary for FY2021.

I am going to grad soon and applying for big 4. I heard that yellow firm culture is bad, is it true?

Unregistered 15-08-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered Yellow (Post 180145)

Hi how much were you drawing as an SM? Forum posts suggest it should be 8-9k

Unregistered 15-08-2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180151)
I am going to grad soon and applying for big 4. I heard that yellow firm culture is bad, is it true?

Can't speak for audit. Consulting wasn't really good a few years back, but much better now.

Quote:

Hi how much were you drawing as an SM? Forum posts suggest it should be 8-9k

Lets just say it's at the higher end of the range you quoted.

Unregistered 15-08-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180172)
Lets just say it's at the higher end of the range you quoted.

Thank you. As a fellow associate, mind sharing how many years you were an M before promoted to SM? Thanks!

Unregistered 16-08-2021 10:26 PM

I’m not in any of the Big4 but am interested to join.

Which one has the highest salary offer?

Unregistered 17-08-2021 10:53 AM

Quote:

Morale very low now.

Unregistered 17-08-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180246)
Morale very low now.

morale improve after boosted increment?

Unregistered 17-08-2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180275)

increment is not out yet.... tbh with so much work now.. need more people to tank.

Unregistered 17-08-2021 10:33 PM

How long does it take to reach 100K pa in big4?

Unregistered 18-08-2021 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180275)

Haha with the amount of work and high resignations, do you think the morale can be boosted so easily? They have to make early announcement on the increment news if not there are really no one left. Expect another big wave of resignations after bonus and things will get even worse.

If you have a choice, dont join big 4, especially EY. With the stricter regulations and tight margins, things are getting worse by the day. There are no aws, no weekends-need to work to clear workloads and study sqp, no culture-most homegrown seniors/managers have already left, and unappreciative partners who are turning a deaf ear to the staff suffering, you need to seriously consider whether you really want to join them. The wage and career progression are not as good as its heydays.