Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 08-10-2021 02:45 AM

To auditors out there, do you feel that the audit add value to the business? Feeling disillusioned about what we are doing if it is actually meaningful or just going through the motion and paperwork.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185402)
What if the whole team throws letter at the same time during peak? Where to find so many people to replace outgoing staff? Our team was understaffed last year and we didn't manage to pull staff from other team or hire new people. Not even intern

You don’t get it don’t you? So how did your team pulled through last year? That is how it will be done this year my friend. Your team didn't managed to get new staff because it was deemed sufficient headcount by management. If everyone left, definitely they will be able to squeeze staff out. Your “understaff” is the new normal team size going forward.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185635)
To auditors out there, do you feel that the audit add value to the business? Feeling disillusioned about what we are doing if it is actually meaningful or just going through the motion and paperwork.

Duh no, statutory audit is to make them comply with law. Of course no value add to the business. You’re just a compliance cost.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185626)
Are you trolling?

Big 4 audit can only attract work permit holders and private uni grads. They have problems hiring and retaining local uni grads. Leadership still doesn't understand younger generation prefer work life balance and increasing the pay doesn't really solve the problem.

Not true. There are plenty of local university graduates in B4.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185656)
Not true. There are plenty of local university graduates in B4.

Those are the ones who are either:
1. Partner dream
2. Cannot get job elsewhere
3. Plan to exit after CFA

Unregistered 08-10-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

When disillusioned, time to leave. That's when I searched aggressively and left.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 11:32 PM

Quote:

going through the motion and paperwork is ok with me. It is the insane workload and unreasonable arbitrary deadlines which make me feel disillusioned. Partners and managers will squeeze everyone dry just to increase profit margin.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185724)
going through the motion and paperwork is ok with me. It is the insane workload and unreasonable arbitrary deadlines which make me feel disillusioned. Partners and managers will squeeze everyone dry just to increase profit margin.

Don't take it out on managers... they're just employees also, getting instructions from above.

You work long enough you will become manager also and understand.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 11:55 PM

Black recently announced pay increment across levels. Left with blue now, blue management acting blur

Unregistered 09-10-2021 12:07 AM

So which one highest pay for SA1