Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 22-06-2021 11:32 AM

Thought big 4 consulting start from 7k. Used to be 6k.

Any word on bonus this year?

Unregistered 22-06-2021 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175098)
Thought big 4 consulting start from 7k. Used to be 6k.

Any word on bonus this year?

Nah big 4 consulting starts around 3.2-4k depending on which colour. For orange, no bonus for 1st year

Unregistered 22-06-2021 01:28 PM

How's the salary for the cybersecurity side of Big 4 consulting?

Unregistered 22-06-2021 02:32 PM

What's the pro of having big 4 in resume , the salary seems pathetic, people are staying because of the brand name and prestige?

Unregistered 22-06-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175139)
What's the pro of having big 4 in resume , the salary seems pathetic, people are staying because of the brand name and prestige?

The brand name good? Got prestige?

Pls la people who are staying, stayed because they cannot get a better role elsewhere. Then when asked why stay? They simply lie through their teeth to save face and say 'oh because i want to be partner next time'.

Unregistered 22-06-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175141)
The brand name good? Got prestige?

Pls la people who are staying, stayed because they cannot get a better role elsewhere. Then when asked why stay? They simply lie through their teeth to save face and say 'oh because i want to be partner next time'.

Not 100% correct. In b4 you run into two types of people: the first kind which the poster has described in the quote here, and the second who are in fact very capable but also have a very safe personality and like stability. This second type are usually the kind that make partner

Unregistered 22-06-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175139)

Many MNCs would prefer candidates with big 4 experience. Look up accounting/finance roles in MNCs they usually state them in the job requirements.

Unregistered 22-06-2021 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175100)
Nah big 4 consulting starts around 3.2-4k depending on which colour. For orange, no bonus for 1st year

PwC Consulting 4k in 2019, no bonus first year.. I was in P&O, which is like HR consulting. Not sure increased already or not.

Deals Strategy start at 4.5k, and Strategy& is around 6.3+. Agree with Deloitte poster in that this can be pretty ridiculous if you are at the PwC side looking at your strat colleagues.

To the Deloitte poster, I also got paid around 5.1k at SA1, so really quite similar. I was an average performer.

Unregistered 22-06-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175169)
PwC Consulting 4k in 2019, no bonus first year.. I was in P&O, which is like HR consulting. Not sure increased already or not.

Deals Strategy start at 4.5k, and Strategy& is around 6.3+. Agree with Deloitte poster in that this can be pretty ridiculous if you are at the PwC side looking at your strat colleagues.

To the Deloitte poster, I also got paid around 5.1k at SA1, so really quite similar. I was an average performer.

Thanks for sharing! Just to clear the air - I wasn’t referring to TAS (Deals)/Tier 2s (S&)

Nonetheless, I’m curious about your pay progression (base + bonus) over the years if you don’t mind disclosing!

KKK 22-06-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175156)
Many MNCs would prefer candidates with big 4 experience. Look up accounting/finance roles in MNCs they usually state them in the job requirements.

This is very true.

Say what you want about the pay at the lower ranks of the big4, but after 2-4 years of experience grinding there, the exit opportunities are pretty good. Quite a lot of private investment or fund accounting jobs look for big4 employees as preferred candidates.