Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 30-04-2024 10:04 PM

It seems like the work is never ending. Working 7 days straight still can't complete. Is it even worth staying for the CA?

Unregistered 30-04-2024 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277322)
It seems like the work is never ending. Working 7 days straight still can't complete. Is it even worth staying for the CA?

hate to admit but most SG employers dont care if u are ACCA/CA/CPA/AICPA etc or not. even tho they all take diff level of efforts to complete

grind like dog cat in the end competing with random ACCA candidates from random MY uni. this industry is not worth it

Unregistered 30-04-2024 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277332)
hate to admit but most SG employers dont care if u are ACCA/CA/CPA/AICPA etc or not. even tho they all take diff level of efforts to complete

grind like dog cat in the end competing with random ACCA candidates from random MY uni. this industry is not worth it

If only we are also getting x3.5. That would be nice

Unregistered 01-05-2024 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277262)
Anyone left as 2nd year senior and got a paybump or same pay? Can't get callbacks for any accounting or Fp&a role that didnt offer 5k max. Wondering if there's any other industry i can jump to using my audit experience.

I have the same question too. Is the market that bad right now?

Is it still possible to get a 10-20 percent bump from 2nd year senior pay?

Unregistered 01-05-2024 07:04 AM

Question about salary increment

So I will be starting as Y1 Consulting Associate at EY for $4.5k, can I ask if there is salary increment after Y1 and if so, roughly how much?

Unregistered 01-05-2024 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277322)

This is SG, no one cares about CA except clueless people conned by ISCA and Big 4. Employers value work experience.

Unregistered 01-05-2024 09:43 AM

The Mid Tiers in SG seems to be outsourcing their audit team to Malaysia now that they can't get SP and EP approvals for seniors. I'm seeing tons of job ads for RM5k-7k (1.4k-2k SGD) for seniors in Malaysia to work on SG audits. How in the world does that work? Will the Big 4 follow suit?

Unregistered 01-05-2024 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277372)
The Mid Tiers in SG seems to be outsourcing their audit team to Malaysia now that they can't get SP and EP approvals for seniors. I'm seeing tons of job ads for RM5k-7k (1.4k-2k SGD) for seniors in Malaysia to work on SG audits. How in the world does that work? Will the Big 4 follow suit?

big 4s are already doing this. Outsourcing work…

Unregistered 01-05-2024 11:45 AM

All audit work should be outsourced to poor countries. Brain -less checking and box ticking. Replaceable by AI within the decade too

Sinkies need to move up the value chain and stop relying on these low end functions to make a living.

Unregistered 01-05-2024 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277371)
This is SG, no one cares about CA except clueless people conned by ISCA and Big 4. Employers value work experience.

What about CFA?