Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 30-04-2024 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277000)
No need need think so much.
Just move the hands and grind the hours. U can leave anytime but u choose to stay.

3yoe in b4 can have so many opport outside ltr on. Have u complete ur ca?

Nope, i am not asking u quit b4 audit go join mid tier audit. Some ppl do that and i cant understand y.

There are big co out there for b4 auditors with 3 yoe.
Temasek, gic, iras etc etc. Its there.

Yah lol I don’t get it either - aren’t there all these big GLCs which big 4 auditors can jump to? I mean if you’re a professional, and you don’t want the hours, you might have to head to a non profit or a religious entity and practise accounting there

Unregistered 30-04-2024 08:23 AM

In order to ensure top standard audit quality, shouldn’t there be a rule impose to managers and above to have at least a CA and be well proficient in English? Why am I seeing so many acca grad from tonkatsu uni speaking half past 6 ingrish rising to managers in my firm? Every time I see them speaking to client I can’t help but face palm

Unregistered 30-04-2024 09:30 AM

I thought now balance sheet is called statement of financial position?

Why so many listed coy FS still use the term balance sheet?

Unregistered 30-04-2024 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277226)
In order to ensure top standard audit quality, shouldn’t there be a rule impose to managers and above to have at least a CA and be well proficient in English? Why am I seeing so many acca grad from tonkatsu uni speaking half past 6 ingrish rising to managers in my firm? Every time I see them speaking to client I can’t help but face palm

Why don't you join AGO?

Unregistered 30-04-2024 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277210)
I decided not to vote for PAP as ISCA and ACCA until today haven't signed RMA

no one gives a fk about you and what you do. you have repeated this 10 times as if anyone will give a **** about your voting choice

Unregistered 30-04-2024 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277235)
I thought now balance sheet is called statement of financial position?

Why so many listed coy FS still use the term balance sheet?

Because FRS1, Paragraph 10 allows entities to use titles for statements other than those used in the standard.

Balance sheet remains an acceptable term.

Unregistered 30-04-2024 11:58 AM

Anyone left as 2nd year senior and got a paybump or same pay? Can't get callbacks for any accounting or Fp&a role that didnt offer 5k max. Wondering if there's any other industry i can jump to using my audit experience.

Unregistered 30-04-2024 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277226)

Which firm? Isnt it common nowadays

Unregistered 30-04-2024 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277262)
Anyone left as 2nd year senior and got a paybump or same pay? Can't get callbacks for any accounting or Fp&a role that didnt offer 5k max. Wondering if there's any other industry i can jump to using my audit experience.

How much is senior 2 pay across the big 4?

Unregistered 30-04-2024 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277301)
How much is senior 2 pay across the big 4?

Varies across firm but generally in the mid 5k range.