Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 23-04-2024 09:26 AM

I'm a retail assistant currently working in Popular Bookshop studying for my ACCA.

How do I join audit industry after I get my ACCA?

Unregistered 23-04-2024 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276246)
Our era is 3-4As though

What era do you mean?

Unregistered 23-04-2024 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276253)
I'm a retail assistant currently working in Popular Bookshop studying for my ACCA.

send in your resume? There’s a guy keen on hiring people in their 20s. Maybe can pm him.

Unregistered 23-04-2024 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276246)
Our era is 3-4As though

Are u still in b4?

Unregistered 23-04-2024 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276242)
See la. Who ask you never study harder for A levels.

Im from the AAA batch. Studied so hard back then to be seen as lousy lazy bo ta chek trash can seller now.

Unregistered 23-04-2024 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276253)

You 看不开 ah join audit?

Unregistered 23-04-2024 10:25 AM

It's puzzling why graduates from esteemed institutions like NTU, NUS, and SMU in accountancy opt to start their careers as audit associates in Big 4 firms. They seem overqualified for such roles.

In reality, they might be better suited for positions in public sectors or banks, roles that are more intellectually demanding and offer higher levels of responsibility, rather than entry-level audit positions.

Perhaps the prevailing belief is that the older generation in their 30s to 40s, who dominate the audit industry, require fresh perspectives and youthful energy for tasks like vouching. This could explain the push for younger talent.

This shift may be causing anxiety among older professionals in their 40s and 50s, who fear a lack of younger individuals entering the audit industry.

Unregistered 23-04-2024 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276262)
You 看不开 ah join audit?

No lah. Just see if I can change career.

Feel like working as retail assistant in Popular Bookshop like no future.

Unregistered 23-04-2024 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276259)
send in your resume? There’s a guy keen on hiring people in their 20s. Maybe can pm him.

I haven't finished my ACCA exam.

Unregistered 23-04-2024 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276263)
It's puzzling why graduates from esteemed institutions like NTU, NUS, and SMU in accountancy opt to start their careers as audit associates in Big 4 firms. They seem overqualified for such roles.

In reality, they might be better suited for positions in public sectors or banks, roles that are more intellectually demanding and offer higher levels of responsibility, rather than entry-level audit positions.

Perhaps the prevailing belief is that the older generation in their 30s to 40s, who dominate the audit industry, require fresh perspectives and youthful energy for tasks like vouching. This could explain the push for younger talent.

This shift may be causing anxiety among older professionals in their 40s and 50s, who fear a lack of younger individuals entering the audit industry.

I have work with many interns from the local u, including sit. I agree they are all very fine ppl with quality. It is a shame that audit internship dont really challenge them or is meaningful in the first place. They are ask to do vouching, print wp, do admin work. whats more funny i think they perform better than the experienced associate and senior from xxxx. I think everyone know. When intern lead the team guiding the EA is funnier...

Im currently in technical dept, ex auditor/tax.