Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 26-03-2024 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272523)
There’s been a big culture change since Gen Z joined the workforce.

Staff are now walking out by 6:30pm regardless of status even if manager still around.

Yes, the associates are all leaving for dinner and not working at night.

Thats why us seniors and managers have to do their work and vouch as well... It wasnt like this last year. Roll forward also cant even do, we have to do it ourselves. Send queries also cannot, must do for them. Follow up also cannot, must do for them. Hire them for what? Better outsource to JB then, speed also equally slow and English equally bad for supposedly native speakers. At least the outsourcing team doesnt go to gym when you ask them to roll forward things and 8 hours later ask you how do I do that.

This is not wlb. This is letting other people pick up your slack because you refuse to do your work. It's like civil servants.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 02:22 PM

Associate Director Salary & JobScope - KPMG

Hi all,

I am considering a position with KPMG for associate director. I would like to understand the following information so please do guide me around the same.

1. Salary - What is the typical salary range. I am currently earning roughhly 280-300K at my current position with good worklife balance (the figure include Bonus & AWS). I wanted to understand if this is something that I can achieve or will definitely be lesser

2. Jobscope - For associate directors are they required to do. Would they require to be billable or do business development. could someone guide me on the same.

3. Work Life balance - I do understand that there is very little of the worklife balance in big4 but still would like to understand on how bad would it be.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272536)
Yes, the associates are all leaving for dinner and not working at night.

Thats why us seniors and managers have to do their work and vouch as well... It wasnt like this last year. Roll forward also cant even do, we have to do it ourselves. Send queries also cannot, must do for them. Follow up also cannot, must do for them. Hire them for what? Better outsource to JB then, speed also equally slow and English equally bad for supposedly native speakers. At least the outsourcing team doesnt go to gym when you ask them to roll forward things and 8 hours later ask you how do I do that.

This is not wlb. This is letting other people pick up your slack because you refuse to do your work. It's like civil servants.

My juniors have been super slow because they manually click everything instead of using keyboard shortcuts... Tell them to Ctrl C Ctrl V also cant enter their thick skull... Then every 10 mins must go on ig and whatsapp and tiktok. I gave up and tendered, gonna die if I have to continue wiping their ****.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272505)
Lol

Why you vouch so slow one?

1 hour 20 samples?

since so fast then u shud do it lor.

snr n mgr shud do it :D

Unregistered 26-03-2024 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272543)
My juniors have been super slow because they manually click everything instead of using keyboard shortcuts... Tell them to Ctrl C Ctrl V also cant enter their thick skull... Then every 10 mins must go on ig and whatsapp and tiktok. I gave up and tendered, gonna die if I have to continue wiping their ****.

But the hr said b4 only hire the brillants mind and the best.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 03:45 PM

Quote:

Same here. I feel you. My manager have to go to field to help out with the fieldwork and vouching. Really feel piss off with these.

I think i tender soon if I continue to help my juniors to clean up their work.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272549)
since so fast then u shud do it lor.

snr n mgr shud do it :D

You don't lame leh

Why should snr and mgr do it

We been thru all these vouching already for a few years.

Then why Big4 hire you sia?

Unregistered 26-03-2024 04:24 PM

Quote:

Is it because you as senior or manager could not motivate your junior to do their work?

You didn't tell them this is their own career?

Unregistered 26-03-2024 04:41 PM

How come so many ppl here complain their associates cmi? The associates in my team are all hardworking and responsible individuals who fight among themselves to impress me as the senior. I think your problem mainly comes from how you treated your associates lo. I always tell my associates whether we’re going to OT and come to client’s place/go office depends on your work progress. I tell you. Their work is completed swee swee with minimal review points from me. Or maybe yall senior/manager everyday face black black show your associates attitude then they see your ugly face feeling dulan no motivation to work. LOL.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 04:51 PM

anybody know what is the EY HR email? i cant seem to find lol.