Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 26-03-2024 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272558)
Is it because you as senior or manager could not motivate your junior to do their work?

You didn't tell them this is their own career?

Paycheck not enough motivation? Need colleagues to worship you to do your jobscope? Should have joined civil service through scholar track then.

We all wanna go home, idgaf what identity crisis you have, just actually work during your working hours or give the role to someone who wants to do it because they accept the reality that a 3k job is the best they can get.

Cannot stand my juniors who refuse to do work because they say they arent paid 6k like tech people. Who ask you too dumb to make it then? Suggested PIP also get told cannot PIP first years.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272577)
Paycheck not enough motivation? Need colleagues to worship you to do your jobscope? Should have joined civil service through scholar track then.

We all wanna go home, idgaf what identity crisis you have, just actually work during your working hours or give the role to someone who wants to do it because they accept the reality that a 3k job is the best they can get.

Cannot stand my juniors who refuse to do work because they say they arent paid 6k like tech people. Who ask you too dumb to make it then? Suggested PIP also get told cannot PIP first years.

pay 3k work more than 6k job.
u think ppl will do meh.
they not dumb, neither do i.
u r the dumb one who likes to kiss ur mgr and partner ass.

too bad, alr left within half yr to join a good place
and u still crying there abt associates not doing their job haha

Unregistered 26-03-2024 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272554)
You don't lame leh

Why should snr and mgr do it

We been thru all these vouching already for a few years.

Then why Big4 hire you sia?

u also another one cry mother cry father.
if slow and u not happy, do it urself.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272577)

Don't call your colleagues dumb

They just don't understand the point of working hard

Unregistered 26-03-2024 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272580)
pay 3k work more than 6k job.
u think ppl will do meh.
they not dumb, neither do i.
u r the dumb one who likes to kiss ur mgr and partner ass.

too bad, alr left within half yr to join a good place
and u still crying there abt associates not doing their job haha

why u accept the 3k job then, go accept the 6k job lol.

i'm kind of surprised at the number of people who are defending work ethics like that though. do people seriously think it's okay to dump your work on your colleagues? that's an asshole move regardless of industry and age. do you dump your paycheck on them too? at least my director buys us expensive snacks and gifts from overseas all the time in exchange for dumping last minute deadlines on us.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272550)
But the hr said b4 only hire the brillants mind and the best.

dont know how can be the best, even big 3 accountancy grads (which objectively are lower quality looking at the cutoff scores) dont want to join.

during my time no such thing as private uni entering as A1, they are usually mid joiners, not that i am elitist, but that at least was some form of QC.

now even non accounting grads being offered.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272593)
why u accept the 3k job then, go accept the 6k job lol.

i'm kind of surprised at the number of people who are defending work ethics like that though. do people seriously think it's okay to dump your work on your colleagues? that's an asshole move regardless of industry and age. do you dump your paycheck on them too? at least my director buys us expensive snacks and gifts from overseas all the time in exchange for dumping last minute deadlines on us.

well that period was covid times. accepted for awhile only. already long gone. why should i, from local uni, join this kind of job that any rubbish private cert or acca can join. oh btw poly joins too ew.

stop crying coz u cant get another job and now do associate job lor. kpkb only. im laughing now coz im in a better place alr.
just put a little effort in job search, definitely can get a good one.

work ethics in my dictionary doesn't include excessive OT. I do my job well during the working hours only.

hahahah.. give u few snacks and u so happy? that snacks per person dont even cost $10, and he ask u to OT for midnight? pls la use ur brain to calculate.

Unregistered 26-03-2024 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272598)
well that period was covid times. accepted for awhile only. already long gone. why should i, from local uni, join this kind of job that any rubbish private cert or acca can join. oh btw poly joins too ew.

stop crying coz u cant get another job and now do associate job lor. kpkb only. im laughing now coz im in a better place alr.
just put a little effort in job search, definitely can get a good one.

work ethics in my dictionary doesn't include excessive OT. I do my job well during the working hours only.

hahahah.. give u few snacks and u so happy? that snacks per person dont even cost $10, and he ask u to OT for midnight? pls la use ur brain to calculate.

covid is peak job market for fresh grads though... people are still getting lots of great IB and consulting offers even during covid period so you have to be really bad if all you're getting is offer for audit...

that said, i don't think you realize how bad the work ethics of some people are. i've seen people literally watching kdrama at work then kpkb when people complain about them. the worst is a girl who is perpetually on leave every time there's meetings so other people have to do her work for her...

anyway our OT is until 9pm only and that's max 3 days at a time. i'm happy to get japanese fruits, desserts, spare hampers, and expensive mooncakes and celebration meals in exchange for that. at least it shows that my boss knows OT after 6pm is bad instead of treating that as the norm. i've never heard of big 4 having a culture of thanking others for covering for them...

Unregistered 26-03-2024 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272597)
dont know how can be the best, even big 3 accountancy grads (which objectively are lower quality looking at the cutoff scores) dont want to join.

during my time no such thing as private uni entering as A1, they are usually mid joiners, not that i am elitist, but that at least was some form of QC.

now even non accounting grads being offered.

I think last time big4 only accept local uni NTU, NUS, SMU

Then say what audit listed co cannot let private uni grad touch or audit

Act until like very high class

Chey.

These job private uni also can do lah these days

Last time act one Yi Ge, act like big fug or high class say only local uni can do this job

Lame lor

Nowadays non accountancy grad also can do

Vouching mah

Say until so difficult last time lol

Big4 only need endure the long hours only

Now so many good opportunities

Lol

Local uni graduate can join bank or tech

Join simi big4 audit

Lame lah

Unregistered 26-03-2024 11:02 PM

Nowadays SM in 40s need to rely on young blood in 20s to go field so vouching work

They not happy

Give you one middle finger and throw letter lor