Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 28-02-2024 11:18 PM

If this career is affecting me so much to the extend that my mental health is becoming non existent, should I just quit without a job line up and take a break? I’m currently a senior with multiple engagements on hand. I can’t even stay one day normal without having multiple panic attacks everyday. I tried to talk to my mentor and plotting manager but they refuse to give way. How’s the job market now? Is it really bad for big4 exit?

Unregistered 29-02-2024 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269472)
If this career is affecting me so much to the extend that my mental health is becoming non existent, should I just quit without a job line up and take a break? I’m currently a senior with multiple engagements on hand. I can’t even stay one day normal without having multiple panic attacks everyday. I tried to talk to my mentor and plotting manager but they refuse to give way. How’s the job market now? Is it really bad for big4 exit?

Are you staying withyour parents and dont have to contribute to the household? If so, can quit. Honestly job market is pretty bad but drowning in work makes it impossible to attend interviews. That said, try aiming for non-FP&A roles and you should be able to get offers.

Unregistered 29-02-2024 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269457)
finance manager / finance controller / senior manager / CFO

I guess Im doing those no ppl want do job.

Technical accounting hahaha.

Unregistered 29-02-2024 08:54 AM

I am audit assistant manager working in mid-tier

Is it very difficult to promote to audit manager since audit manager all don't want resign?

Unregistered 29-02-2024 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269479)
I guess Im doing those no ppl want do job.

Technical accounting hahaha.

This is a dead end role right

Unregistered 29-02-2024 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269472)

Are you okay?

You know this is just a job right?

Once you think not good for mental health, just walk out the door.

Unless you got serious financial commitments cannot quit

Unregistered 29-02-2024 03:10 PM

seriously, my department put people on PIP if they set boundaries (eg. no OT, do less work)
????
??????

these pheasants in big4 with big ego....
nowonder in big4.

Unregistered 29-02-2024 03:47 PM

Hi, have you all ask the audit partner to help out on vouching?

Unregistered 29-02-2024 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269488)

No la, to fc path

Unregistered 29-02-2024 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269488)

Lol this role demanding and can branch out to many different role.