Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 12-02-2024 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268139)
my parents are not rich. my parents are not well to do.
im from a humble family but we dont lack money.

BUT
I still give middle finger to my seniors when they ask me to OT.
anyway im leaving also.
For better pay and prospect elsewhr.
good luck peeeeps

I did mention the family don't lack money

So great !!

U did give your seniors a middle finger !! haha

Unregistered 12-02-2024 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268189)
Please lah

Big4 also using another department to help client draft FS and charge super high fees.

Big4 help client prepare consolidation for non listed companies too.

If not big4 are giving client their firm illustrative FS template to client to fill the numbers in.

Then big4 help to review the FS.

Seriously client will know how to draft the entire FS without template?

I see 5 listed companies with same auditor KPMG....LOLOL...they all look similar in presentation

Clowns sia poster. Its normal for audit firm to prep fs for client, not just small firm.

Unregistered 12-02-2024 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268200)
I did mention the family don't lack money

So great !!

U did give your seniors a middle finger !! haha

Huh? Most families now don’t lack money what.

Are you local?

Of course can quit, it’s not like I need the money else no money to put food on the table.

Different story if you’re in 30s with commitments like house, car, baby.

Unregistered 12-02-2024 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268209)
Clowns sia poster. Its normal for audit firm to prep fs for client, not just small firm.

Which poster you say is clown?

Unregistered 12-02-2024 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268215)
Huh? Most families now don’t lack money what.

Are you local?

Of course can quit, it’s not like I need the money else no money to put food on the table.

Different story if you’re in 30s with commitments like house, car, baby.

Lol

You sit on high horse ah

There are family need the fresh graduate salary to support the family leh

Their parents work odd jobs or low salary jobs

Wait till you in 30s got housing loan commitments then you can't give middle finger

Unregistered 12-02-2024 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268160)
I don’t know his Teo Ser Luck is it trying his luck or pretending not to know the situation now

He think his $15 million is a successful formula to attract people joining this industry

Also he should be honest about whether he intending to get ISCA recruit people from India and Philippines

i think the hard truth is you need fewer good accountants today than back in the day. the 15 million is what the government has budgeted to keep that amount of good accountants and the rest are just fillers to keep the industry going at the bare minimum.

gov also knows that GDP growth is not going to be fueled by the accountants, they are happy to outsource this to PH and IN (to the maximum level without compromising the profession) and retain X number of locals they deem integral to the indsutry. all other funds will be used to promote industry 4.0 which is what will increase our GDP. accountancy is just a cog in the wheel (but still an essential one), but the value has deteriorated a lot in the recent years

just think about the necessity of auditors compared to the past where information was not as readily available and financial literacy was more of an issue than today, you relied on the auditors to give you assurance about the financials.

fast forward 2 decades everyone is more financial literate, information is readily available, people are more sophisticated. end of the day, how materially misstated can the FS be? your listcos will usually have a competent enough team to hide crap from your assistants to seniors, managers and partners will never be detailed enough to catch anything they really want to hide. all findings are because it wasn't something they wanted to hide and the value of the auditors finding that is almost meaningless because those findings wouldn't have affected the integrity of the FS materially anyway and then once again, how many of the notes are used by the users?

to all of you who invest, when was the last time you read all of the notes in the FS? you read the key points in the announcement and call it a day probably, maybe segment reporting?

any fraud discovered in recent times were by CAD, muddy waters, or some whistle blower, so once again, audit is just really not what it used to be and never will be.

but still agree that there is a gap between what must be done to maintain said required minimum level of standard, right now it is spiraling to the bottom

Unregistered 12-02-2024 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268219)
i think the hard truth is you need fewer good accountants today than back in the day. the 15 million is what the government has budgeted to keep that amount of good accountants and the rest are just fillers to keep the industry going at the bare minimum.

gov also knows that GDP growth is not going to be fueled by the accountants, they are happy to outsource this to PH and IN (to the maximum level without compromising the profession) and retain X number of locals they deem integral to the indsutry. all other funds will be used to promote industry 4.0 which is what will increase our GDP. accountancy is just a cog in the wheel (but still an essential one), but the value has deteriorated a lot in the recent years

just think about the necessity of auditors compared to the past where information was not as readily available and financial literacy was more of an issue than today, you relied on the auditors to give you assurance about the financials.

fast forward 2 decades everyone is more financial literate, information is readily available, people are more sophisticated. end of the day, how materially misstated can the FS be? your listcos will usually have a competent enough team to hide crap from your assistants to seniors, managers and partners will never be detailed enough to catch anything they really want to hide. all findings are because it wasn't something they wanted to hide and the value of the auditors finding that is almost meaningless because those findings wouldn't have affected the integrity of the FS materially anyway and then once again, how many of the notes are used by the users?

to all of you who invest, when was the last time you read all of the notes in the FS? you read the key points in the announcement and call it a day probably, maybe segment reporting?

any fraud discovered in recent times were by CAD, muddy waters, or some whistle blower, so once again, audit is just really not what it used to be and never will be.

but still agree that there is a gap between what must be done to maintain said required minimum level of standard, right now it is spiraling to the bottom

The CEO are so afraid of letting their remuneration get audited by bangala, FT India and Philippines staff.

Unregistered 12-02-2024 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268081)
Because just 7 years ago, the cohort of A1s were OK with working until 4am for 2.9k salary cause they see the value in other things and acknowledged as fresh graduates it is somewhat acceptable to suffer a bit for the longer future.

There was a sudden shfit to this instant gratification, work life balance, new generation that labels this as toxic and the higher ups need some time to adjust.

Uh no. It's just that there are more jobs now that pay better than audit. 10 years ago audit is prob one of the better paying jobs and IT is cmi low pay backend jobs. Now there's all sorts of AI, DA, DS, MLE, tech sales, fintech, web3, etc roles. And tech recruiting, property agent, middle office etc... which dont need brainpower.

Unregistered 12-02-2024 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268218)
Lol

You sit on high horse ah

There are family need the fresh graduate salary to support the family leh

Their parents work odd jobs or low salary jobs

Wait till you in 30s got housing loan commitments then you can't give middle finger

Within my clique, no such person need 3k salary to support family.

But yes I acknowledge such may exist, but would be a small minority.

In which case - beggars can't be choosers.

Unregistered 12-02-2024 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268234)
Uh no. It's just that there are more jobs now that pay better than audit. 10 years ago audit is prob one of the better paying jobs and IT is cmi low pay backend jobs. Now there's all sorts of AI, DA, DS, MLE, tech sales, fintech, web3, etc roles. And tech recruiting, property agent, middle office etc... which dont need brainpower.

I got 1 more point to add, please refer to this post from 2011:

s://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment-2.html#post16688

Back in 2011, 6k for a fresh manager (after working for 5 years) and 8k for a senior manager (additional 3 years) is a very solid package.

But to my knowledge, the 6k number remained stagnant without significant change until 2022.

11 years of inflation...