Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 15-05-2021 11:46 PM

When you say cyber got raise, is raise how much?

1k or 100?

Unregistered 16-05-2021 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168951)
When you say cyber got raise, is raise how much?

1k or 100?

$3 to buy chicken rice, cannot add egg

Unregistered 16-05-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168755)
Again, the average time it takes to make manager in Big 4 is definitely more than 5 years.

Good for you though, making mgr with 5 years of exp earning 6k (given the brutal hours) is not that fantastic.

Nope. It takes 5 years on average for someone to reach AM in Big 4. Where did you get info that it takes more than 5 years? Purely on a sample of LinkedIn profiles that you see online? Lolol

Year 1-2: Associate
Year 3-4: Senior Associate
Year 5: Assistant Manager
By the 6th year (i.e. after 5 years of working), it'll be Manager Year 1. No doubt there are people who retain (especially the Malaysians) but the typical timeline is as such.

Perhaps you aren't as smart as even a lowly auditor if you can't even understand such a simple career progression timeline lol

Unregistered 16-05-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169038)
Nope. It takes 5 years on average for someone to reach AM in Big 4. Where did you get info that it takes more than 5 years? Purely on a sample of LinkedIn profiles that you see online? Lolol

Year 1-2: Associate
Year 3-4: Senior Associate
Year 5: Assistant Manager
By the 6th year (i.e. after 5 years of working), it'll be Manager Year 1. No doubt there are people who retain (especially the Malaysians) but the typical timeline is as such.

Perhaps you aren't as smart as even a lowly auditor if you can't even understand such a simple career progression timeline lol

5 years on average to reach *Manager

Unregistered 16-05-2021 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168757)
Yeah exactly 6k salary after 5 years of shitty work life is still pathetic LOL

Lol nobody is denying that work life balance is **** in Big 4. But the fact is, 5 years to reach manager.

Unregistered 16-05-2021 07:22 PM

Nah. Average progression to manager is typically 6-7 years.

Unregistered 16-05-2021 07:39 PM

Can confirm, nowadays AM level is not one year only anymore. Many are now stuck at AM levels.
These days too many useless audit managers unwanted by commercial.

Unregistered 16-05-2021 08:36 PM

really? all along my firm most of them are AM only 1 year and move up to M
esp big 4 now have a shortage of managers with many ppl leaving, all the more they need to push ppl up to M

Unregistered 16-05-2021 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169040)
Lol nobody is denying that work life balance is **** in Big 4. But the fact is, 5 years to reach manager.

i think depend on department, my worklife balance is quite ok.

But for my side, it all depend on inner circle. you always go drink and social with higher management, then you will go up.....

Unregistered 16-05-2021 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169062)
really? all along my firm most of them are AM only 1 year and move up to M
esp big 4 now have a shortage of managers with many ppl leaving, all the more they need to push ppl up to M

Lol don’t bother with them. They are obviously underperformers if they think 6-7 yrs is required to reach a manager level. Bottom line is, you are gonna earn pretty much the same in either BO in banks or in audit, with years of experience being equal.