Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 20-12-2023 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263498)
Lol i wrote a fake satki resume and submitted to all the big 4 and mid tier firms and only the mid tier ones responded. Guess mid tier is doing better financially than the big 4 now

One of the mid tier is offering really good pay and bonus to poach managers atm, if you're siao enough to really like audit then worth considering ig

Unregistered 20-12-2023 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263524)
Those jhk and ceca in big 4 really last warning, audit quality worst than mid tier and local SME audit firm.

Been riding on the big 4 brand name for too long

pay peanuts, get monkeys. only idiots who can't do the maths will think the low pay plus ridiculous hours is a good deal, especially now that there's so many better job options available compared to 10 years ago.

you'll be surprised but lots of sme audit firms have good wlb so it's like a regular sme office job. not too bad if you don't have bukit timah condo dreams.

Unregistered 20-12-2023 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263528)
pay peanuts, get monkeys. only idiots who can't do the maths will think the low pay plus ridiculous hours is a good deal, especially now that there's so many better job options available compared to 10 years ago.

you'll be surprised but lots of sme audit firms have good wlb so it's like a regular sme office job. not too bad if you don't have bukit timah condo dreams.

I'm a client of big 4 and I really want to scream at those idiots representing big 4 asking dumb questions.

However, I decide to hold myself back out of respect for the big 4 brand name

Unregistered 20-12-2023 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263511)
Went into banking, had a nice salary increment.
Especially in this job market, I guess that is a pretty good jump.

How many YOE do u have? were you doing financial services audit?

Unregistered 20-12-2023 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263499)
those who successfully exited this year, where did you go?

Audit client as FM

Unregistered 20-12-2023 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263531)
Audit client as FM

no conflict of interest issues? heard there's some stupid independence cooldown rules for managers and above to join audit client

Unregistered 20-12-2023 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263529)
I'm a client of big 4 and I really want to scream at those idiots representing big 4 asking dumb questions.

Lots of stupid new rules too. Like we have to call client who sent interco confirmation to verify that yes, you mr xxx the FM of xxx are the one who sent this bla bla bla rinse and repeat for the stupid amount of confirmations we have, fml...

I'm debating whether to just resign without a job secured... How long did it took you guys to find your next job? Is accounting or banking ops hiring? since consulting and tech doesn't seem to be.

Unregistered 20-12-2023 07:41 PM

my firm is finally hiring managers after the complete freeze for the whole year. getting a new one for my engagement next year

Unregistered 20-12-2023 08:22 PM

Quote:

sometimes is manager arrow the senior or associates to ask. they just sit at home hide face.

last time the CFO phoned the jhb engagement manager and shouted at her cause she asked too many questions and proposed too many adjustments. the manager also kan by partner for giving discount to client. partner told her this one not pasar malam. now she worked for 15 years liao still stuck at SM

Unregistered 20-12-2023 09:07 PM

Quote:

My client spammed call me just to scream at me every time I send an email and cc the entire team when I don't pick up. I think there's idiot clients too and I too have to hold myself back and cannot get mad at them in response out of respect for the client.

I think it's just SG kiasi and kiam culture.