Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 26-11-2023 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261447)
Yes, I'm so-called old gen (actually older millennial) in D11 condo with 1 kid in a top sec school. My era still know a bit about working hard + smart.

New gen have lots of work ethic problems. Want instant gratification and benefits that they see on Tiktok and Instagram, without the work ethic or skills to back it up.

You can be ya-ya papaya if you have the skills. People might dislike you but nobody can fault you.

But what I see now is Gen Z ask for the world but produce terrible work. And still act so arrogant and entitled. That's 3 strikes out in my book.

You talking about audit right? Gen Z auditors obvious is lupsup one la. BCC/C can get in liao, u expect mountain ocean and everything also want? Lmao cranky middle ager with no common sense

Unregistered 26-11-2023 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261498)
You talking about audit right? Gen Z auditors obvious is lupsup one la. BCC/C can get in liao, u expect mountain ocean and everything also want? Lmao cranky middle ager with no common sense

His spring already over. Notice how he felt the need to highlight his kid is in a top sec sch.

Typical parent who wants to live a second spring through their kids.

Unregistered 26-11-2023 02:08 PM

Regional FM also still need to work on weekend.

Any FM job that can offer 9-5?

Unregistered 26-11-2023 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261512)
Regional FM also still need to work on weekend.

Any FM job that can offer 9-5?

Go to a smaller company.

Unregistered 26-11-2023 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261502)
His spring already over. Notice how he felt the need to highlight his kid is in a top sec sch.

Typical parent who wants to live a second spring through their kids.

Not really. I'm highlighting that a combination of working hard + smart got me to where I am. I'm very aware that I still have a long way to climb in the corporate ladder.

My gen (older Millennials) don't have FIRE fantasies, or illusions of striking it big with some YOLO all-in reddit wallstreetbet, or TikTok influences of "having it all" with lazy girl jobs.

My gen knows that we need good work ethics + technical skills to rise and make a name/reputation in our immediate industry.

But at the same time, we don't buy into the Boomer outdated notions of blind loyalty to 1 company, because no company will ever be loyal to you. We always keep a lookout for better options, and seize those opportunities.

I'm happy to provide a comfortable middle class life for my family and kid.

The problem with you Gen Z people, is that you don't know what you want. If your goals are condo & eventually landed, 1 or 2 cars, can send your kids overseas to Ivy, LSE eventually, then you need to work hard & be smart about it.

Problem is you want the lifestyle that social media sells you, but you refuse to work hard or smart to get there

Unregistered 26-11-2023 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261516)
Not really. I'm highlighting that a combination of working hard + smart got me to where I am. I'm very aware that I still have a long way to climb in the corporate ladder.

My gen (older Millennials) don't have FIRE fantasies, or illusions of striking it big with some YOLO all-in reddit wallstreetbet, or TikTok influences of "having it all" with lazy girl jobs.

My gen knows that we need good work ethics + technical skills to rise and make a name/reputation in our immediate industry.

But at the same time, we don't buy into the Boomer outdated notions of blind loyalty to 1 company, because no company will ever be loyal to you. We always keep a lookout for better options, and seize those opportunities.

The problem with you Gen Z people, is that you don't know what you want. If your goals are condo & eventually landed, 1 or 2 cars, can send your kids overseas to Ivy, LSE eventually, then you need to work hard & be smart about it.

Problem is you want the lifestyle that social media sells you, but you refuse to work hard or smart to get there

tbf, working hard in audit is not the way. even my managers are finding it hard to get jobs outside of audit and the pay is not remotely good. pay barely increased over the last 20 years compared to housing prices while big 4 audit attractiveness just nosedived since pay and exit is not good. the "selling point" of audit is not there anymore.

Unregistered 26-11-2023 02:53 PM

Quote:

Good job. I think as long as we achieve what we want, it's good enough already :)

How many YOE do you have? :)

What is your current position and role in big4?

Thank you for sharing!

Unregistered 26-11-2023 03:16 PM

Quote:

Can you blame them for that attitude? Look at the state of the world they were born into because of the actions of you adults.

Unregistered 26-11-2023 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261520)
Good job. I think as long as we achieve what we want, it's good enough already :)

How many YOE do you have? :)

What is your current position and role in big4?

Thank you for sharing!

No longer in Big4. Quit when I reach M level. finance director in a commodities trading shop. total about 16 YOE

Unregistered 26-11-2023 04:09 PM

You cannot change the mindset of the younger ones. Instead you oldies should be adapting to their mindset instead lol.