Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 27-11-2023 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261596)
Not the OP but I'm not sure how this myth came about.

I'm in commercial and we do hire a lot of ex auditors. It's just that it doesn't confer any advantage because almost every other candidate is Big 4 background. It's a neutral factor but we don't purposely exclude either way. The interview vibes is more important.

Curious but how many job applications does a commercial role normally get and how many % are ex auditors?

Unregistered 27-11-2023 02:16 PM

KPMG extends pay freeze to 12,000 UK staff

Unregistered 27-11-2023 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261605)
KPMG extends pay freeze to 12,000 UK staff

SG audit pay is perpetually frozen since 2013 except for covid

Unregistered 27-11-2023 03:36 PM

Local KPMG won't be affected

Oh wait didnt we have a new office?
Lucky I dont bear the high rent using my salary
Oh wait....

Sg no such thing as pay freeze, u know why? cause they just massage the numbers by not replacing the leavers, so they can afford to not freeze salary, albeit higher worklord :)

peace out, who dont resign during firm closure will be stuck there for next few years cos economy slowing down

Unregistered 27-11-2023 04:15 PM

I just received bonus not long ago, I see many people tender the next day its so funny
I was thinking if i should tender also so that i can leave with the crowd and no one notice me swee swee get out, or wait until next week for firm closure?

please advice

Unregistered 27-11-2023 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261613)
I just received bonus not long ago, I see many people tender the next day its so funny
I was thinking if i should tender also so that i can leave with the crowd and no one notice me swee swee get out, or wait until next week for firm closure?

please advice

They should put a clawback clause and make all you quitters serve 3 more months from date of bonus payment.

then i laugh

Unregistered 27-11-2023 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261613)

please advice

just tender bro. the only reason im not tendering yet is because i can't get a ****ing job. if you can get pls run, we haven't replenish our lost seniors and half of our new hires are from non-accounting background so the upcoming peak will be extra terrible. i'm going to pray real hard to get a job before firm shutdown.

Unregistered 27-11-2023 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261612)
Local KPMG won't be affected

Oh wait didnt we have a new office?
Lucky I dont bear the high rent using my salary
Oh wait....

Sg no such thing as pay freeze, u know why? cause they just massage the numbers by not replacing the leavers, so they can afford to not freeze salary, albeit higher worklord :)

peace out, who dont resign during firm closure will be stuck there for next few years cos economy slowing down

haha yep, remember when they said 1 month bonus is national standard but every one of our clients were getting 2-6 months bonus...?

Unregistered 27-11-2023 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261608)
SG audit pay is perpetually frozen since 2013 except for covid

I think you have left for quite a while, all big4 has a pay uplift in 2021. Still **** no doubt, but at least get facts right.

Unregistered 27-11-2023 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261619)
They should put a clawback clause and make all you quitters serve 3 more months from date of bonus payment.

then i laugh

Big 4 got 2 sets of people, the smart ones, and the idiots. This comment shows you are an idiot. Bonus payment is rendered in service for your work done in the previous financial year. How to claw back? The fact you dont get bonus for if you leave before the cut-off date is sufficient.

Not sure why you got such comments for the quitters, either you are an idiot that cant leave or drank so much koolaid that you are selling your soul to the firm (even then don't see the need for such sour comments).