Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 13-11-2023 10:52 AM

How many jobs are assigned to associates & snrs at a time? Do u all work on 2 engagements at the same time? How manageable is that?

Unregistered 13-11-2023 08:25 PM

i went overseas engagement with bunch of malaysians
when we in public eating mingle club, people ask ask those malaysians where they are from
all of them proclaim "Singapore"

"I'm from Singapore!"

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Why they so afraid of saying they from malaysia?
Is it cos malaysia airline, or 3:1, or most of them work in hair salon, or most of them work as chef in F&B yet people complain say msia food taste better, or most of them can't speak proper english?

please advice

Unregistered 13-11-2023 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260335)
most of them can't speak proper english?

please advice

The irony.

Unregistered 13-11-2023 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260335)
when we in public eating mingle club, people ask ask those malaysians where they are from

"I'm from Singapore!"

Is it cos malaysia airline, or 3:1, or most of them work in hair salon, or most of them work as chef in F&B yet people complain say msia food taste better, or most of them can't speak proper english?

please advice

lol what overseas engagement. since when big 4 got budget, at most send 1 partner and 1 dir/sm only

Unregistered 13-11-2023 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260231)
It’s 2023. That old-school marketing gimmick of fast paced career progression in exchange for long working hours no longer works.

Someone send that note to HR.

What you’re selling is just not what the new generation is looking for, and unless you tailor your product, it’s not going to sell.

it's not even worth it. accountant roles are 4k-5k and FM 8k these days. grind but no sweet exit. the higher paying ones require industry experience

Unregistered 14-11-2023 03:18 AM

"I'm from Singapore!"

please advice

Unregistered 14-11-2023 02:36 PM

Just curious, is it cus sinkies are shunning audit as a career, that’s why the quality of auditors are getting shittier. Based on personal experience, many sg managers that I have worked with are strong in terms of technical and management skills, no issues working with them. Now…the problem lies with those newly promoted jhk/jhb mgrs. Out of 5 I have encountered, 4 of them really leave me scratching my head with their atrocious English and bad planning and instructions. My secondary school student councilor nephew can lead even better than all of them combined. Worst of them, they seem to be living in their own bubble that they are god tier level since they climbed to manager level already. I hope they realize that audit is not rocket science and any dog or monkey can do. The only secret to climb up is to suck thumb and OT like a slave. Sometimes I don’t know should I laugh at them or feel sad for them.

Unregistered 14-11-2023 03:38 PM

Please don’t compare the AAA/B cohort with the BCC/B cohort.

Unregistered 14-11-2023 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260366)
Please don’t compare the AAA/B cohort with the BCC/B cohort.

it was AAA/B cohort vs tonkotsu ramen uni cohort.

Unregistered 14-11-2023 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260343)
lol what overseas engagement. since when big 4 got budget, at most send 1 partner and 1 dir/sm only

Mostly go for file reviews of sig components,
Since when will send associates for these jobs

Haha