Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 09-11-2023 08:56 PM

How does internal progression in audit compare to progression in commercial roles (not those accounting AP AR roles)? Is it that easy to job hop and earn greater increments in commercial roles?

Unregistered 09-11-2023 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259959)
look at this edgy student

anyway singapore job market is ****, everywhere also need to OT and pay is less than audit. it's not 2019 where any clown can be a 10k salary googler by claiming they did a bootcamp

joke is on you. audit pay is among the lowest of typical corporate jobs, but they still managed to con people like u into defending them. really drunk the Big4 Kool Aid sia

Unregistered 10-11-2023 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260096)
joke is on you. audit pay is among the lowest of typical corporate jobs, but they still managed to con people like u into defending them. really drunk the Big4 Kool Aid sia

typical corporate jobs are lower than audit pay. even if they are the same, they tend to progress much slower.

malaysian spotted trying to get people to quit so that u can join. get out of my country.
we dont need you. go back to your developing country and be a 2nd class citizen with 1MDB and missing airlines.

if you want my 3:1, please continue to pay your rent so that singaporeans can go holiday while their house is being paid.
please pay your income tax on time to build my economy and strengthen my SGD.

dont talk so much if not we replace u with younger JHK

Unregistered 10-11-2023 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260117)
typical corporate jobs are lower than audit pay. even if they are the same, they tend to progress much slower.

malaysian spotted trying to get people to quit so that u can join. get out of my country.
we dont need you. go back to your developing country and be a 2nd class citizen with 1MDB and missing airlines.

if you want my 3:1, please continue to pay your rent so that singaporeans can go holiday while their house is being paid.

ya sia i seriously think SG should make JHK take English test also.
Make them take accounting test also. E.g. must pass CA SG papers before can come SG work in accounting / audit.

or else those weird tongkotsu uni or ACCA easy papers can join big4.

Unregistered 10-11-2023 02:39 PM

Quote:

Are you actually dumb? Genuine concern.

Most of the people I knew who worked in Big 4 were there for the name but these days no one one cares if you are from Big 4 because there’s virtually no branding if you every TDH on the street is in Big 4. I know of someone in consulting as manager earning 7k/month with 4+ years of exp. Even someone doing bank ops at a foreign bank earns more than that working 35% less (in terms of hours). The grind is simply not worth it. If you are in Big 4, it means you are not good enough to earn the avg fresh grad salary 4.5k++ at least for local uni biz heads. That’s just the reality, as harsh as it sounds.

Unregistered 10-11-2023 03:16 PM

Quote:

You sound like an embittered Big4 beancounter trying to convince himself that he made the right choice, when even those FASS party chicks who spent entire uni days & nights partying are easily making 30-40% more than you in Management Associate programmes.

But yes, please, go ahead and blame the jhks for your failures. Btw, I'm neither a jhk nor a beancounter. Just someone who likes to lurk in this thread.

Unregistered 10-11-2023 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260141)
Are you actually dumb? Genuine concern.

Most of the people I knew who worked in Big 4 were there for the name but these days no one one cares if you are from Big 4 because there’s virtually no branding if you every TDH on the street is in Big 4. I know of someone in consulting as manager earning 7k/month with 4+ years of exp. Even someone doing bank ops at a foreign bank earns more than that working 35% less (in terms of hours). The grind is simply not worth it. If you are in Big 4, it means you are not good enough to earn the avg fresh grad salary 4.5k++ at least for local uni biz heads. That’s just the reality, as harsh as it sounds.

Exactly, if you're a local/PR, why settle for audit? The only locals I recommend doing audit these days are those who really want to migrate overseas since you can migrate to most countries as an auditor (even Switzerland Sweden all those) and also foreigners who want to get a PR (but even then, they should run from the firm the moment they get it). MAS gave us such a good protectionism with the higher foreigner/local (not even PR) ratio requirements at banks so I don't know why people would take audit over a bank job.

For consulting, you can't really break manager in consulting in 4 years though and the working hours is dogshit, worse than audit tbh. Money is definitely good but mainly limited to consulting firms. In SG consulting exits generally earn close to bank/regional finance managers anyway, which you can reach without killing yourself on the way there. Only difficulty about bank ops is finding the right niche to break into tbh.

Anyway the accounting pie is getting smaller these days so even accounting managers without CA/Big 4 are squeezing out ex-auditors so that they don't lose their pie especially with all the layoffs in accounting depts lol. I can't fathom why anyone would do accounting anymore, you don't even have job security, hours and pay so **** too. It's not like the 2000s or even 2010s anymore

Unregistered 10-11-2023 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260096)

a lot of jobs these days have sucky pay. just take a look at MCF

Unregistered 10-11-2023 08:40 PM

No one held a gun to your head to force you to join.

You’re free to consider other career options.

Move on.

Unregistered 10-11-2023 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260141)
I know of someone in consulting as manager earning 7k/month with 4+ years of exp. Even someone doing bank ops at a foreign bank earns more than that working 35% less (in terms of hours).

wa bank ops 4+ years can earn more than 7k?