Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 31-08-2023 11:52 AM

2 years to hit 5k? Wah shag max

Working as hard as doctors yet getting 1/3 of their pay. No wonder this field is dead and full of foreigners + washed boomers.

Unregistered 31-08-2023 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254948)
2 years to hit 5k? Wah shag max

Working as hard as doctors yet getting 1/3 of their pay. No wonder this field is dead and full of foreigners + washed boomers.

I agree with the "this field is dead and full..." but it's not fair to compare audit with medicine. Accounting has much lower barriers of entry (e.g., drastically cheaper school fees, fewer entry requirements, easier curriculum). There's also less malpractice culpability, especially for senior and associates.

By the way, someone who just graduated from medicine is only drawing $5-6k with almost no salary adjustments for 2 years.

Unregistered 31-08-2023 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254850)
Only true for certain grades and rating.

Wow, lucky for orange, 3 months is considered high for above avg performer this year. How about average performer for Orange?

Unregistered 31-08-2023 02:01 PM

I understand that Green and Blue only pay 1 to 1.5 months for average performer this year.

Unregistered 31-08-2023 02:02 PM

Is it just me or the ppl in this profession are so stuck up? I have seniors that just got promoted recently from associates and they started talking down to associates acting like they are big boss. And why are all sm so irritably annoying? Old, rude, fat and senile.

Unregistered 31-08-2023 02:35 PM

My jhk manager ask me to continue to work tmr. I told him I need to vote, he say voting also no need take whole day right, vote liao come back do up the wp for him to review over the weekend. What should I do? Serious question.

Unregistered 31-08-2023 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254957)
My jhk manager ask me to continue to work tmr. I told him I need to vote, he say voting also no need take whole day right, vote liao come back do up the wp for him to review over the weekend. What should I do? Serious question.

Arranged in ascending order of how much respect you will earn from me, a random stranger on the internet:

1. Be a sucker and finish up that wp
2. Tell him you are flying off to Bali/ Malaysia/ Batam in the morning after voting
3. Be the change you want to see and tell him to respect your boundaries. If he wants you to work, give you a day off or guarantee a 2 rating.
4. Smash your laptop
5. Quit

Unregistered 31-08-2023 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254958)
Arranged in ascending order of how much respect you will earn from me, a random stranger on the internet:

1. Be a sucker and finish up that wp
2. Tell him you are flying off to Bali/ Malaysia/ Batam in the morning after voting
3. Be the change you want to see and tell him to respect your boundaries. If he wants you to work, give you a day off or guarantee a 2 rating.
4. Smash your laptop
5. Quit

6. Middle finger and ignore.

Unregistered 31-08-2023 06:18 PM

yellow just town hall. no pay adjustments and shittier bonus woo

Unregistered 31-08-2023 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254950)
I agree with the "this field is dead and full..." but it's not fair to compare audit with medicine. Accounting has much lower barriers of entry (e.g., drastically cheaper school fees, fewer entry requirements, easier curriculum). There's also less malpractice culpability, especially for senior and associates.

By the way, someone who just graduated from medicine is only drawing $5-6k with almost no salary adjustments for 2 years.

You are right I guess. Other than medicine, looking at the worst tech programs full of SIM grads who cmi local unis are also earning 5k minimum and wfh 40 hrs week.

Just seem crazy to work in big 4, earn peanuts and work like a dog.