Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 05-06-2023 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249427)
Is it true my friends from blue saying blue is increasing salary firmwide

Not sure about audit but heard there is a hiring freeze in blue.

Unregistered 06-06-2023 01:30 AM

your pay will be adjusted too — same thing happened to me when I joined last year.

anyway anyone who newly signed to Yellow has the latest figure for A1? Or any news on increment this year? Thanks!

Unregistered 07-06-2023 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249432)
Yes audit A1 increase to 4k with bonus.

What abt the increment for A2 onwards? Any idea?

Unregistered 07-06-2023 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249572)
What abt the increment for A2 onwards? Any idea?

FYI this is fake news, orange A1 is not paying 4k for their fresh grads.

Unregistered 07-06-2023 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249576)

Dont jelly. Audit pay raise. Industrywide change is coming. time to restore audit as a prestigious and impt function of the economy. soon people will go back to studying accounting n join B4. the era of tech companies burning cash for jiak liao bee cs grads to do fake work is over

Unregistered 07-06-2023 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249576)

audit is the lumber huan industry to go into. cs is dying. audit is booming. hearsay next year b4 increasing to 4.5k for audit grads. huat ah

Unregistered 07-06-2023 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249581)
audit is the lumber huan industry to go into. cs is dying. audit is booming. hearsay next year b4 increasing to 4.5k for audit grads. huat ah

Big cannon. Might as well say increase to 5k to do low level work and work like dog with bonus that is so **** might as well don't pay. Somemore need to do professional qualification? Ain't got time for this **** man. Go somewhere that pay better.

Unregistered 07-06-2023 10:02 PM

Anyone feel that audit really attract ppl of the same looks especially sinkies? Nerdy, awkward and quite ugly? Jhb some quite chio, but many sinkie ver I see the looks department quite cmi and weird also

Unregistered 07-06-2023 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249590)
Anyone feel that audit really attract ppl of the same looks especially sinkies? Nerdy, awkward and quite ugly? Jhb some quite chio, but many sinkie ver I see the looks department quite cmi and weird also

Yes correct they look very much like you

Unregistered 07-06-2023 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249590)

Very simple. It is a well known fact that attractive people do better in life and careers. They get better grades, succeed in interviews more, get noticed and promoted faster, and get better pay. You can say that correlation is not causation, but this is a well known observation.

In SG, audit and Big 4 is considered low prestige job. So people that can only make it there seem to be the lower calibre, unattractive ones. Notice how all the high flyer professions like IB, law, consulting, medicine have many attractive and well spoken, well put together people?

However for MYsians, audit is still considered quite prestigious cos their country is so poor it doesn't have many other high flying jobs. So on the whole they have more of the higher calibre attractive ones relative to their countrymen. Those that can work in Big 4 in Singapore lagi even more high flier, since only the "cream of the crop" can leave bolehland to come here. That's why in Big 4, the jhb you see are generally chioer than the sinkie bu you see.

You know where to find chio sinkie bus? They're working in MAP in the Big 3 banks or RMs in private banks. Not audit.