Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 22-05-2023 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248582)
heard from HR that in the new FY, ey intends to pay higher base salary monthly and decrease bonus. good news for people who want to have the freedom to leave without “losing” out on the bonus.

A1: 4-4.2
A2: 4.8-5.2
S1: 5.8–6.2
S2: 6.5-6.8
S3: 7-7.5
M1: 8.5+

bonus variable would reduce to 1-2 months.

Sounds like ********. EY bonus has always only been 1-2 mth, if reduce again then is 0-1 LOL

Unregistered 22-05-2023 07:31 PM

++++
That’s because in addition to the emails featuring the names of dozens of partners from Australia, there are partners from countries including the UK, the US and Ireland discussing the project to advise the US tech companies on how to sidestep the new tax rules the Australian firm had helped Treasury develop. In addition, one email references working on the project with “other PwC network firms extensively”, including partners from PwC Singapore and PwC Netherlands.
++++

Any inside scoop on this? PwC aussie branch use government anti-tax avoidance legislation confidential info to pitch tax avoidance work to tech companies. According to this AFR article, it mentions "partners from PwC Singapore and PwC Netherlands". Anyone knows what's this abt?

This is a super big scandal in Australia now. Curious to know how true the mention of PwC Singapore in that article is, or is it just anyhow whack. Anyone knows?

The article: ://.afr.com/companies/professional-services/how-pwc-was-forced-out-of-the-shadows-20230519-p5d9md

Unregistered 22-05-2023 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248798)
++++
That’s because in addition to the emails featuring the names of dozens of partners from Australia, there are partners from countries including the UK, the US and Ireland discussing the project to advise the US tech companies on how to sidestep the new tax rules the Australian firm had helped Treasury develop. In addition, one email references working on the project with “other PwC network firms extensively”, including partners from PwC Singapore and PwC Netherlands.
++++

Any inside scoop on this? PwC aussie branch use government anti-tax avoidance legislation confidential info to pitch tax avoidance work to tech companies. According to this AFR article, it mentions "partners from PwC Singapore and PwC Netherlands". Anyone knows what's this abt?

This is a super big scandal in Australia now. Curious to know how true the mention of PwC Singapore in that article is, or is it just anyhow whack. Anyone knows?

The article: ://.afr.com/companies/professional-services/how-pwc-was-forced-out-of-the-shadows-20230519-p5d9md

Old news but im gald u b4 ginas actually read news.

Nothing will happen ba, they will just push to 1 partner, the blacksheep and close case.
Toobigtofall.

Unregistered 23-05-2023 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248582)
heard from HR that in the new FY, ey intends to pay higher base salary monthly and decrease bonus. good news for people who want to have the freedom to leave without “losing” out on the bonus.

A1: 4-4.2
A2: 4.8-5.2
S1: 5.8–6.2
S2: 6.5-6.8
S3: 7-7.5
M1: 8.5+

bonus variable would reduce to 1-2 months.

What are the revised allowances for Tech Consulting? Thanks

Unregistered 26-05-2023 12:37 PM

Wow, so much salt here i could get stroke anytime if i stay more than 5 min

Unregistered 28-05-2023 04:07 AM

Absolutely no regrets about dropping out of NTU accountancy to pursue dentistry at Adelaide 6 years ago.,

Even though my former classmates graduated with less debt, they are now earning a measly $3500/month as an audit associate.

While I am earning over $7000/month in Q&M as a conditionally registered dentist with 1 year old experience.

Will easily earn over $12000/month next year when I get fully registered with SDC

Unregistered 28-05-2023 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249087)
Absolutely no regrets about dropping out of NTU accountancy to pursue dentistry at Adelaide 6 years ago.,

Even though my former classmates graduated with less debt, they are now earning a measly $3500/month as an audit associate.

While I am earning over $7000/month in Q&M as a conditionally registered dentist with 1 year old experience.

Will easily earn over $12000/month next year when I get fully registered with SDC

Is this plausible? Dental grads in SG earn $5k+ on average. You’d need at least 5 years to even reach anywhere close to $10k

Unregistered 28-05-2023 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249087)

You forgot to mention the half a million you took out from mama and papa pocket. And being a dentist is so boring

Unregistered 28-05-2023 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249090)
Is this plausible? Dental grads in SG earn $5k+ on average. You’d need at least 5 years to even reach anywhere close to $10k

That’s only true for local dental grads because they are bonded to MOHH. So they have to serve their bond for 5 years in the public sector. And yes, their salary is around $5000+/month.

I am an overseas grad, so I can choose to work in the private sector right after graduation

School fees and living expenses total to around $600,000. It’s a hefty investment but it’s definitely worth it

Unregistered 28-05-2023 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249090)

In private, under a good chain, its very possible in fact to hit $15K per month. The limiting factor is MOHH bond for the first few years for local dentistry grads.

Its about how hard u work and how u good a profit sharing deal u manage to negotiate with ur dental chain boss.

Think Big4 folks are too desensitised to low salaries liao, they can't comprehend that compensation in many so-called "elite" industries is actually pretty high across-the-board, even for median performers. Tech, healthcare (med and dent), finance, law and consulting especially.