Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 30-10-2022 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233808)
How selective is SaT? Since it pays higher, why is everyone going audit?

Dumb question.

You can actually replace "SaT" in your sentence with "investment banking", "FAANG", "medicine", "MBB", "private equity", "law" or "commodities trading" or countless other fields that pay more than audit, and it might be easier for you to figure out the answer.

Unregistered 30-10-2022 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233811)
Dumb question.

You can actually replace "SaT" in your sentence with "investment banking", "FAANG", "medicine", "MBB", "private equity", "law" or "commodities trading" or countless other fields that pay more than audit, and it might be easier for you to figure out the answer.

Chillax bruh, I'm just trying to figure out my chances of transfer after 1 year of audit exp

Unregistered 30-10-2022 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233811)
Dumb question.

Why are you so aggressive and unhelpful?

Sound like a very toxic person in real life.

It doesn’t cost you anything to be nice and just answer questions. Or if that’s a brother, just don’t post at all?

Unregistered 30-10-2022 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233818)
Why are you so aggressive and unhelpful?

Sound like a very toxic person in real life.

It doesn’t cost you anything to be nice and just answer questions. Or if that’s a brother, just don’t post at all?

Audit quality. Career as bad as their life. Or no life. Some ppl just cant live sith ppl nicely.

Unregistered 30-10-2022 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233808)
How selective is SaT? Since it pays higher, why is everyone going audit?

I would say it's not very selective, for CERTAIN departments. Infact, for FDD (which is under SaT), they hire mostly ex-auditors as the type of work they perform has some similarity (e.g. quality of earnings assessment, normalising NWC/EBITDA etc) so audit exp would be a plus. Approx. 1 yr of audit exp is sufficient to trf.

To ans your qns as to why everyone is going to audit - it is not exactly that easy to move into SaT / start there as a fresh grad. In terms of difficulty, I would rank EYP (Strategy/TSE) > LA/IA > VME > Restructuring > FDD/TDD. Typically, those who join EYP and LA would be those who are not able to enter MBB/T2 or BB/EB banks respectively. So, the candidate pool would be much more competitive and not everyone can get in.

Unregistered 31-10-2022 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233837)
I would say it's not very selective, for CERTAIN departments. Infact, for FDD (which is under SaT), they hire mostly ex-auditors as the type of work they perform has some similarity (e.g. quality of earnings assessment, normalising NWC/EBITDA etc) so audit exp would be a plus. Approx. 1 yr of audit exp is sufficient to trf.

To ans your qns as to why everyone is going to audit - it is not exactly that easy to move into SaT / start there as a fresh grad. In terms of difficulty, I would rank EYP (Strategy/TSE) > LA/IA > VME > Restructuring > FDD/TDD. Typically, those who join EYP and LA would be those who are not able to enter MBB/T2 or BB/EB banks respectively. So, the candidate pool would be much more competitive and not everyone can get in.

EYP is nowhere near BB/EB. Closest would be tier 2 consulting but that even it’s not very close.

Unregistered 31-10-2022 11:42 AM

With high turnover in audit, will my chance of becoming audit partner increase exponentially:

Unregistered 31-10-2022 05:26 PM

Is pwc advisory undergoing hiring freeze now?

Unregistered 31-10-2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233852)
With high turnover in audit, will my chance of becoming audit partner increase exponentially:

yes, will become 100%

Unregistered 31-10-2022 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233863)
Is pwc advisory undergoing hiring freeze now?

No please do not spread false news