Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

PleaseGPGT 07-05-2019 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118377)
That link is relating to RMIT not uol, but if you didnt realize, i'd understand because u dont know how to read.

That link has comment #2 on UOL, "but if you didnt realize, i'd understand because u dont know how to read."

Unregistered 07-05-2019 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118370)
As a sloan fellow from Stanford GSB, it makes me laugh when I see nus grads acting like they're some big deal on an online forum. But whatever floats your boat!

okok mr alpha, pretty sure u paid the 6 million admission fee

Unregistered 07-05-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118380)
okok mr alpha, pretty sure u paid the 6 million admission fee

At least he has 6million to pay unlike us low ses local grads

Unregistered 07-05-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PleaseGPGT (Post 118379)
That link has comment #2 on UOL, "but if you didnt realize, i'd understand because u dont know how to read."

youre the funniest i swear, the post was headlined SIM RMIT. I dont see any 'UOL' in it, please advise

Unregistered 07-05-2019 05:48 PM

Hwz is troll la. They well-known anti SIM grads. Just unfriendly and fat trolls (well they call themselves that) who are keyboard warriors

Unregistered 07-05-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118419)
Hwz is troll la. They well-known anti SIM grads. Just unfriendly and fat trolls (well they call themselves that) who are keyboard warriors

Yes. hwz is full of trolls.

Nonetheless, SIMGE graduates should have realistic expectations of their future starting salary.

Would you agree with this?

Unregistered 07-05-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118421)
Yes. hwz is full of trolls.

Nonetheless, SIMGE graduates should have realistic expectations of their future starting salary.

Would you agree with this?

If u all follow the civil service pay thread some RMIT guy was offered 4.2k fresh grad in a SB. Then in previous threads, some UOL guy was asked for 2.8k in another SB.

Are they more employable than UOL these days?

Unregistered 07-05-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118425)
If u all follow the civil service pay thread some RMIT guy was offered 4.2k fresh grad in a SB. Then in previous threads, some UOL guy was asked for 2.8k in another SB.

Ever considered it might be a troll?

Or maybe, just maybe, he is a real high flyer. Cream of the crop. Then perhaps.

Whatever it is, SIMGE students should temper their expectations to avoid disappointment.

Unregistered 07-05-2019 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118426)
Ever considered it might be a troll?

Or maybe, just maybe, he is a real high flyer. Cream of the crop. Then perhaps.

Whatever it is, SIMGE students should temper their expectations to avoid disappointment.

I’m the one who posted in that thread, didn’t expect it to actually reach the UOL thread. If you did read that thread, i had initially started off with a temp 11 month contract of 2,800 with that statboard. The role that i had taken on was actually for diploma holders.

At the end of the contract, i was also looking for other options and i had received 3 offers including the one from the statboard. The other 2 were from Shopee who offered 3,300 and an oil and gas firm who offered 3,100 as a junior trade finance officer.

Nonetheless, i would say that the offer of 4.2k st the SB was 50% luck and 50% of being proactive. I was given work that was outside the scope of the temp role which i had applied for and recognize for my knowledge and skills as a degree holder. So to all my fellow SIM-GE mates, salary will definitely grow as you gain more experience. The important point is to seek for opportunity for growth and eventually your salary increment will follow suit.

Unregistered 07-05-2019 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118425)

Honestly take everything you read with a pinch of salt. I have never heard of a fresh grad from SIM being paid >4k in a stat board or ministry. Few enough get hired as is.

What's more, that guy is only a 2:1