Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 07-05-2019 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118435)
Honestly take everything you read with a pinch of salt. I have never heard of a fresh grad from SIM being paid >4k in a stat board or ministry. Few enough get hired as is.

What's more, that guy is only a 2:1

If it helps, i am in a industry development role at my statboard as a project manager.

I understand that while it is important to help manage the expectations of the private university students who’s syllabus are definitely not as intense as the local universities, there’s no need to throw the SIM-UOL/RMIT students under the bus just because they are asking if $XXXX is acceptable. At the end of the day, we’re all here either to get a sensing of how much fresh grads are being paid or to offer advice . There are also a couple of outstanding students (both academics and social skills) who i’ve seen during my days at RMIT. The workforce only looks at your bachelors for a initial sensing of the candidate, how you impress your potential employer and secure a job offer is up to you regardless of where you studied.

Unregistered 07-05-2019 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118367)
exactly. there shouldn't be any maliciousness in this dicussion. but SIMGE grads should really know their value and not wait too long to get that "perfect" job.

Have you even graduated? My classmates a bunch of them stepped into the workforce @2.8k average some even lesser. Most of them grad with 2.2 hons. If you are not fch you can forget about getting anything above 3.5k. Lol sad but true. Limbei ntu accountancy and finance although started with 3.4k I'm at 5.2k after 1 hop and total experience is 3 years.

Unregistered 08-05-2019 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118377)
That link is relating to RMIT not uol, but if you didnt realize, i'd understand because u dont know how to read.

There won't be smoke without fire. Regardless of UOL or RMIT, it is well known that some courses in SIM GE have similar criterion of pass grades as their entry requirements, and that makes your initial argument invalid in the first place. If your idea of a qc for a good university is merely pass grades, what makes the rest of the students who put in the effort to study hard and score As and Bs?

I believe its better to accept reality and work harder instead thinking that you did 'well enough' to enter into a university that accepts almost everyone on the street. It's because of this non-existent qc that allows many students to fail their modules in UOL and drop out. But if you got through the course with good grades, I think that is good enough qc that sets you apart from the rest.

Unregistered 08-05-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118439)
Have you even graduated? My classmates a bunch of them stepped into the workforce @2.8k average some even lesser. Most of them grad with 2.2 hons. If you are not fch you can forget about getting anything above 3.5k. Lol sad but true. Limbei ntu accountancy and finance although started with 3.4k I'm at 5.2k after 1 hop and total experience is 3 years.

What is your job function? How many months of bonus do you have? 3 years at 5.2 k is decent as a local grad.

Unregistered 08-05-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118439)

That was my point - SIMGE students should learn to temper their expectations and accept lower pay. It is the reality.

Unregistered 08-05-2019 11:56 AM

its true, edmwers are BBFA but we got local degrees.

Unregistered 08-05-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118445)
What is your job function? How many months of bonus do you have? 3 years at 5.2 k is decent as a local grad.

Bruh..there are people in my Co who intern @ 10k. Lol

Unregistered 08-05-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118471)
Bruh..there are people in my Co who intern @ 10k. Lol

Bruh, which industry?

Unregistered 12-05-2019 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118473)
Bruh, which industry?

probably a BB investment bank. FO roles get ~10k even as interns. The person who replied is probably MO or BO in the BB, based on his salary of 5.2k.

Unregistered 12-05-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118642)
probably a BB investment bank. FO roles get ~10k even as interns. The person who replied is probably MO or BO in the BB, based on his salary of 5.2k.

No wonder.