Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 04-06-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119932)
Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates dropped out of university and is doing better than all the NUS losers out there.

obviously, Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates made it to Harvard.

Unregistered 04-06-2019 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119932)
Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates dropped out of university and is doing better than all the NUS losers out there. All my friends from SIM are earning way more than NUS graduates and have multiple NUS students reporting to them. This shows SIM is superior to NUS at all levels.

LOL! This made me laugh! At the same time, the delusional self-psyching is pathetic yet sad. Kind of like those proud Malaysians who go around claiming that KL is better than SG and that English is their lingua franca. 😂

Unregistered 06-06-2019 01:51 PM

Maximum Off topic :P

I think whatever the uni, its more important to just make the best of what you can. 40 years of working life so make the most of it :)

Unregistered 18-07-2019 10:41 PM

I think all you SIM people please know your place la, if you get a place in NUS/NTU, you choose SIM over that meh? simi sai wake up your idea la losers

Unregistered 19-07-2019 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121780)
I think all you SIM people please know your place la, if you get a place in NUS/NTU, you choose SIM over that meh? simi sai wake up your idea la losers

No wonder the girls from SIM so easy to piak. Brainless and open legs easy!

Unregistered 19-07-2019 09:32 AM

Hey anyone had experience with both the 3 local uni and local private uni undergrad programs? Is 3 local uni undergrad significantly more challenging than local private uni?

Unregistered 20-07-2019 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121793)
Hey anyone had experience with both the 3 local uni and local private uni undergrad programs? Is 3 local uni undergrad significantly more challenging than local private uni?

if you can get in a local U, do it. SIM is bad for your career

Unregistered 21-07-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121814)
if you can get in a local U, do it. SIM is bad for your career

Summore you network with all the useless peers from SIM compare local uni. You confirm doomed for life.

Unregistered 21-07-2019 02:04 PM

To put things into perspective, SIM graduates will lose out in terms of opportunities at the beginning. Opportunities include top management associate or graduate programs/front office investment banking jobs. Apart from these roles, companies may or not may not discriminate against SIM graduates in terms of salary or being shortlisted for interview.

Those opportunities only take in top percentage of each cohort. The majority of graduates will start off at executive fresh grads job in private or government sector.

The best advice I can give to SIM graduates is to accept the reality of life and not to keep justifying that you all are better than local uni graduates in terms of other areas.

That said, every graduate (regardless private or local uni) should strive to excel in your career path. Having a good boss/mentor and company at the early stage of your career do help. As you progress in your career, many factors come into place in terms of promotion. Your priorites may change as you are more experienced. Just be the best of yourself.

Unregistered 21-07-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121870)
To put things into perspective, SIM graduates will lose out in terms of opportunities at the beginning. Opportunities include top management associate or graduate programs/front office investment banking jobs. Apart from these roles, companies may or not may not discriminate against SIM graduates in terms of salary or being shortlisted for interview.

Those opportunities only take in top percentage of each cohort. The majority of graduates will start off at executive fresh grads job in private or government sector.

The best advice I can give to SIM graduates is to accept the reality of life and not to keep justifying that you all are better than local uni graduates in terms of other areas.

That said, every graduate (regardless private or local uni) should strive to excel in your career path. Having a good boss/mentor and company at the early stage of your career do help. As you progress in your career, many factors come into place in terms of promotion. Your priorites may change as you are more experienced. Just be the best of yourself.

I agree. I went to local u, my jc classmates that have lousier results coz they played too much went to sim.

Ten years later, the outcome and earning potential is the same.