Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 22-08-2016 09:49 AM

I am doing origination supporting FO of a foreign bank now. Not considered 100% FO, but 3 years with them drawing 6.7k now. Bottom line is degrees are not everything, skills are much more important.

Unregistered 22-08-2016 10:10 AM

Let the Sims do what they want. Some enjoy living in fantasy world and imagine stories like buying a CLS350 with their bonus. That is so typical of them. In reality he means he bought a 1:30 scale model. I hope it came with a display case at least.

Local graduates are more grounded and live in the real world. Most of them are average performers and they are happy with what they have achieved. They may only buy humble Toyotas and Hondas but at least those are 1:1 size.

Unregistered 22-08-2016 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89730)
Let the Sims do what they want. Some enjoy living in fantasy world and imagine stories like buying a CLS350 with their bonus. That is so typical of them. In reality he means he bought a 1:30 scale model. I hope it came with a display case at least.

Local graduates are more grounded and live in the real world. Most of them are average performers and they are happy with what they have achieved. They may only buy humble Toyotas and Hondas but at least those are 1:1 size.

why so bitter?

Unregistered 22-08-2016 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89725)
I am doing origination supporting FO of a foreign bank now. Not considered 100% FO, but 3 years with them drawing 6.7k now. Bottom line is degrees are not everything, skills are much more important.

Thats not bad for private uni grad. Which bank is it?

Unregistered 24-08-2016 11:26 PM

calm down everyone. lets get real. the fact is a very small percentage of us sim-uol peeps will get those 6-7 digit bonuses. possible but a lot of hard work and luck. some of u who are all about for it, all the best.

lets get back to topic of starting pay. i got into social service in 2015 with a sim-uol 2:2 degree with starting pay of 3.3k with ns. great work-life balance, can't complain abt the pay for a fresh grad and a good honest job. be open to other industries, you might not get rich financially, but you will gain in other areas in life because life is not only about money.

Unregistered 25-08-2016 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unregistered (Post 89821)
calm down everyone. Lets get real. The fact is a very small percentage of us sim-uol peeps will get those 6-7 digit bonuses. Possible but a lot of hard work and luck. Some of u who are all about for it, all the best.

Lets get back to topic of starting pay. I got into social service in 2015 with a sim-uol 2:2 degree with starting pay of 3.3k with ns. Great work-life balance, can't complain abt the pay for a fresh grad and a good honest job. Be open to other industries, you might not get rich financially, but you will gain in other areas in life because life is not only about money.

msf? Ngo? Vwo?

Unregistered 25-08-2016 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89744)
Thats not bad for private uni grad. Which bank is it?

UBS. There is another private grad here doing MO work as well.

Unregistered 25-08-2016 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89824)

How did you land to this role? What are your working hours like? How much bonus does UBS give?

Unregistered 26-08-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89824)

I'm a SIM UOL grad doing wholesale corp credit analysis in a foreign bank drawing 9k after 9 years of work. Slow and steady pay growth. Started at 1.8k doing operations.

Unregistered 26-08-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89861)
I'm a SIM UOL grad doing wholesale corp credit analysis in a foreign bank drawing 9k after 9 years of work. Slow and steady pay growth. Started at 1.8k doing operations.

Sorry not 9 years, 11 years + abit, work too long lost track.