Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 11-09-2015 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72465)
few things:

1. hes a FT from China, who only chose SIM probably because his standard of english dont qualify him for the NUS/NTU courses - doesnt mean hes not smart unlike the other SIM applicants
2. hes lecturing at SIM. not exactly a place i want to lecture at if i have a PhD

I wonder what is your qualification and what are you doing. Talk as if you are of higher mortal.

Unregistered 11-09-2015 07:35 PM

Quote:

few things:

1. hes a FT from China, who only chose SIM probably because his standard of english dont qualify him for the NUS/NTU courses - doesnt mean hes not smart unlike the other SIM applicants
2. hes lecturing at SIM. not exactly a place i want to lecture at if i have a PhD

For all you know, he is earning a higher pay than you. And yet, you are criticizing on others. hahaha.

Unregistered 11-09-2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

few things:

I can confirm you have not been to nus or ntu before. There are china profs in nus who can mix up one and two in English.

Unregistered 14-09-2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72526)
I can confirm you have not been to nus or ntu before. There are china profs in nus who can mix up one and two in English.

well you see, most lecturers in SIMs are not profs.

btw, most SIM- students dont know what's "prof". guys there are not "profs".
just lecturers.

SIM is not classified as a proper university - working in sim will not get you a professorship.

Unregistered 14-09-2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72475)
I don't understand why you people have to be stereotypes all the time.

Because he is from China his English is supposed to be bad? Because his English is bad he lectures in SIM? Having a PhD and working in SIM is bizarre? Maybe he is volunteering to help other students to do well? It's all a question mark but people always pick out the negative ones all the time.
Don't you know to get LSE in the first place you need GMAT and IELTS scores? Then if he dodged that bullet then how did he make it to PhD in NUS if his English was bad? Are you saying NUS accepts students who cannot speak well?

its an open secret that the 3 local unis do not hire their own phd students for obvious reasons - there is no way nus will hire him on their teaching staff.

i've contemplated doing a post grad with nus - but theres no point. you can only lecture at unis in malaysia/brunei etc. or private unis where you wont get the professorship.

this guy obviously cant get a job elsewhere. granted hes smart.

and pls be honest with yourself. if you can qualify for nus, would you knowingly choose to study in sim? thats probably the reason why he went into sim. hence, my hypothesis is correct.

Unregistered 14-09-2015 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72591)
its an open secret that the 3 local unis do not hire their own phd students for obvious reasons - there is no way nus will hire him on their teaching staff.

i've contemplated doing a post grad with nus - but theres no point. you can only lecture at unis in malaysia/brunei etc. or private unis where you wont get the professorship.

this guy obviously cant get a job elsewhere. granted hes smart.

and pls be honest with yourself. if you can qualify for nus, would you knowingly choose to study in sim? thats probably the reason why he went into sim. hence, my hypothesis is correct.

May I ask what is the reason of why 3 local unis do not hire their own PHD students?

Unregistered 14-09-2015 06:45 PM

$3k Basic (bank sales)

Unregistered 17-09-2015 07:26 PM

Lol

This thread is suppose to be for SIM-UOL grads but some local grads wanna kepo for what? their ego too big i guess.CB this thread not even meant for u. READ THE F***ING thread name lah bodoh.

Unregistered 17-09-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72611)
May I ask what is the reason of why 3 local unis do not hire their own PHD students?

to prevent intellectual imbreeding. the 3 local unis are not the only one doing it.

newbi3 18-09-2015 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72769)
to prevent intellectual imbreeding. the 3 local unis are not the only one doing it.

Then if that is the case, what's the big hooha about NUS not employing their own PHD students? :rolleyes: