Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Constituency Manager (People Association) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1466-constituency-manager-people-association.html)

Unregistered 16-10-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17231)
with so many pple resign .... have to think twice on this job .. but is there any1 who is can sgare on this job scope ..

i mean share their experience on this job.

Unregistered 06-02-2012 12:07 AM

I am working there for quite some time and I knew the difficulties in this job and somehow or rather, you will sooner or later lose passion in this job. My batch mates resign within 3-6 months and some will try to stay for 1 year. This job uses more EQ than IQ, it is a PR job as you are dealing with people. Working in PA is quite a different thing compared to other desk bound jobs as you get to see many different types of people everyday and you will realize how "pathetic and cruel" the society can be.

Depending on your "relationship" with colleagues and boss, your workload varies and I can say if you are bad luck & your boss thinks you are capable or you have to cover the workload for the time being, he might give up up to 6 committees to handle..

Basically, grassroots are your actually boss not CD as you attend the committee's meeting and you are not the in-charge, you are only there as a facilitator, run the event, do what as they wish or tell you to do. Your boss listens more to grassroots, so if grassroots like you, you are likely to get promotion or other rewards.

The pay wise, I can say is quite good for a fresh grad (CM) and above but if lower position like CME or CSE is bad. The bonuses is not bad but it also varies and depends on the economy.

Unregistered 06-02-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20432)
I am working there for quite some time and I knew the difficulties in this job and somehow or rather, you will sooner or later lose passion in this job. My batch mates resign within 3-6 months and some will try to stay for 1 year. This job uses more EQ than IQ, it is a PR job as you are dealing with people. Working in PA is quite a different thing compared to other desk bound jobs as you get to see many different types of people everyday and you will realize how "pathetic and cruel" the society can be.

Depending on your "relationship" with colleagues and boss, your workload varies and I can say if you are bad luck & your boss thinks you are capable or you have to cover the workload for the time being, he might give up up to 6 committees to handle..

Basically, grassroots are your actually boss not CD as you attend the committee's meeting and you are not the in-charge, you are only there as a facilitator, run the event, do what as they wish or tell you to do. Your boss listens more to grassroots, so if grassroots like you, you are likely to get promotion or other rewards.

The pay wise, I can say is quite good for a fresh grad (CM) and above but if lower position like CME or CSE is bad. The bonuses is not bad but it also varies and depends on the economy.

How is what you describe different from any company? Most jobs are more about EQ and people relationship with decision makers than IQ or how good you are in the job.

Unregistered 06-02-2012 07:30 PM

I joined PA newly and in terms of salary it really depends on your experiences and qualification. As a CM, I am drawing $4100 basic with $400 allowance and that adds up to about $4500 and I must say is a good package for a 31 yr old.

Furthermore, the progression for a CM is very obvious as you would get to promote to Deputy Constituency Director and Consituency Director in the years down the road.

Unregistered 06-02-2012 08:04 PM

I joined PA newly and in terms of salary it really depends on your experiences and qualification. As a CM, I am drawing $3400 basic with $600 allowance and that adds up to about $4000 and I must say is a good package for a 31 yr old.

Furthermore, the progression for a CM is very obvious as you would get to promote to Deputy Constituency Director and Consituency Director in the years down the road.

Unregistered 06-02-2012 10:54 PM

Good? you sure or not...

Unregistered 07-02-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20458)
I joined PA newly and in terms of salary it really depends on your experiences and qualification. As a CM, I am drawing $3400 basic with $600 allowance and that adds up to about $4000 and I must say is a good package for a 31 yr old.

$3400 basic for 31 year old is "good"!?!? Are you serious? I'm not talking about banks or what, but even for normal graduate in SME this is considered very low for someone who has worked for 7+ years.

The "progression" in this sort of deadwater stat board is all fake, their Deputy Directors are equal to Assistant Manager and Director is basically a junior Manager in most companies.

Even your current Manager pay is more like Operations or Branch Executive in private companies.

Bean 07-02-2012 12:03 PM

do you know that:

1st class fresh grad(with NS) in ST engineering is getting = ~3.4-3.5k starting?

2nd lower fresh grad(with NS) in DSTA is getting = ~3380 starting?

2nd upper male with NS, grad in 2007 june, will be getting 5.6k by this coming april, age 29-30, in civil service

Unregistered 07-02-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 20472)
do you know that:

1st class fresh grad(with NS) in ST engineering is getting = ~3.4-3.5k starting?

2nd lower fresh grad(with NS) in DSTA is getting = ~3380 starting?

2nd upper male with NS, grad in 2007 june, will be getting 5.6k by this coming april, age 29-30, in civil service

Yar, that's why very surprise the PA guy seem to really believe PA is paying him very well at $3.4k at 31 yrs old.

miwashi 07-02-2012 01:15 PM

I think this general scale is very non-uniform across the various stat boards and ministries.

i was offered a position in 1 stat board in jan 2011, with pay of $3900. I had graduated in 2003, 2nd upper honors.