Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Constituency Manager (People Association) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1466-constituency-manager-people-association.html)

lanny 27-09-2011 10:32 AM

not really, they will still based on your work experience and your last drawn pay. titles are not important.

Unregistered 27-09-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanny (Post 16630)
not really, they will still based on your work experience and your last drawn pay. titles are not important.

I was hoping with a nice title on name card, can go out network and meet senior level people will be much easier and lead to more good opp.

Also my thinking is that if eg. my title is Director, then when I exaggerate my current job scope and leadership abilities will be more convincing.

Unregistered 27-09-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 16621)
no need director or DD. too high for me liao.

you are being modest. 12 years in a public sector equips you well for the title.

in case you might not be aware, the titles at PA had been upgraded a notch since last year.

Previously, a fresh grad entered PA as assistant constituency manager (ACM) but has been changed to CM directly. Let me phase it this way:

ACM or DCM can be known as CM
CM previously is now DCD (deputy constituency director)
SCM previously is currently known as Constituency Director

For your 12 years experience, you may be able to fetch a basic pay of $4500 to $6000 (excluding allowances). I believe you should be in your middle to late thirties.

Unregistered 27-09-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 16625)
Manager at $2K+ & Deputy Director at $3k+ @_@

Wah didn't know PA is so generous with their titles one har? I'm drawing $3100 now at SMRT and they only call me Senior Executive :"(

Based on experience, any bros and sis can advice if I join companies like PA that give good titles like Directors, VP etc. will it help in my career progression?

Thanks

are you sure you want to draw lower salary and yet commanding higher profile or title?

wouldn't it be amusing if you are a director but your counterparts are senior executives?

you may feel honored when you are discussing policies with directors or deputy directors. but if you look at it from another view, these 'directors' are actually doing the job of executives.

so much for directors.

Unregistered 27-09-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 16636)
you are being modest. 12 years in a public sector equips you well for the title.

in case you might not be aware, the titles at PA had been upgraded a notch since last year.

Previously, a fresh grad entered PA as assistant constituency manager (ACM) but has been changed to CM directly. Let me phase it this way:

ACM or DCM can be known as CM
CM previously is now DCD (deputy constituency director)
SCM previously is currently known as Constituency Director

For your 12 years experience, you may be able to fetch a basic pay of $4500 to $6000 (excluding allowances). I believe you should be in your middle to late thirties.

Let just hope so. If they dun call u for interview also no use. :)

madgoat 28-09-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 16633)
I was hoping with a nice title on name card, can go out network and meet senior level people will be much easier and lead to more good opp.

Also my thinking is that if eg. my title is Director, then when I exaggerate my current job scope and leadership abilities will be more convincing.

Nah, it wouldn't work. Competent HR practioners already have a payscale for each title, they will benchmark you to the correct title based on your last drawn pay no matter what you call yourself currently.

Unregistered 14-10-2011 12:40 AM

I know that PA keep posting for this position. Does that mean that the turnover rate is very high ??

miwashi 14-10-2011 11:30 AM

it could also mean that they're not recruiting at all despite having interviews

Unregistered 14-10-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17194)
I know that PA keep posting for this position. Does that mean that the turnover rate is very high ??

ya, the turnover rate should be very high due to the number of complaints against PA staff and work pressure from MPs/Ministers.

I also understand that under PA act, the staff is obliged by law not to be rude to customers....how to work like that. Sure gana bullied by the members of public one.

Unregistered 16-10-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17202)
ya, the turnover rate should be very high due to the number of complaints against PA staff and work pressure from MPs/Ministers.

I also understand that under PA act, the staff is obliged by law not to be rude to customers....how to work like that. Sure gana bullied by the members of public one.

with so many pple resign .... have to think twice on this job .. but is there any1 who is can sgare on this job scope ..