Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Constituency Manager (People Association) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1466-constituency-manager-people-association.html)

Unregistered 13-08-2011 01:37 AM

Have you already click the like button of Yam Ah Mee facebook?

Unregistered 13-08-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 15380)
Have you already click the like button of Yam Ah Mee facebook?

tha'ts a good one. yam ah yam ah mee for you and mee...

Unregistered 16-08-2011 08:45 PM

I worked in PA for 2 years from 2005-2007. Started as a constituency manager ($2700) and got a promotion to deputy constituency director after 13 months. Work was really tough especially if your MP is new and young. A lot of events to support and had to work on most of my weekends and evenings. Not a good job for someone who wants to start a family or settling down.
However, this job can open up many opportunities as you meet all sorts of people. Heck, even DPM came to my wedding ;)

xtrasaver 17-08-2011 01:39 PM

I have heard many people telling me that it's a tough job and weekends would be burnt. let's say that i am the sort who likes to get offdays on weekdays and work on weekends, I should be happier.

You join as CM right away? That's nice. Normally, I heard there is a ACM, but you skipped that.

However, it seems that nowadays, there's no more ACM as entry would be CM right away, and the next promotion would be Senior CM.

But you got Deputy CD after CM? I think that's a very fast track for you.

Can you advise on the increment a CM might get? ... I am getting increment of $75 per year at my company..

Unregistered 17-08-2011 07:09 PM

Oops yah... used to be called ACM...the next is DCM then SCM. Sad to say at the time, I didn't get an increment because dcm and acm is the same grade. But high bonus was quite good... Increment soso

player 26-09-2011 01:38 PM

i am also interested in this . But i am from a private uni and had worked for abt 12 yrs in finance dept at public sector. Duuno if they will call me up for interview or not, the only advantage i have is that i know how public sector function.

Unregistered 26-09-2011 07:11 PM

it seems that there is a lack of people wanting to join PA nowadays and they should be calling you for an interview.

speak well and if you don't know what point the interviewers are trying to make, try not to smoke them.

given your vast experience in public sector, i'm sure you will be getting a director / deputy dir level position (at least).

Unregistered 26-09-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 16599)
it seems that there is a lack of people wanting to join PA nowadays and they should be calling you for an interview.

speak well and if you don't know what point the interviewers are trying to make, try not to smoke them.

given your vast experience in public sector, i'm sure you will be getting a director / deputy dir level position (at least).

And don't forget to speak like Yam Ah Mee ftw.

Unregistered 27-09-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 16599)

no need director or DD. too high for me liao.

Unregistered 27-09-2011 09:49 AM

Manager at $2K+ & Deputy Director at $3k+ @_@

Wah didn't know PA is so generous with their titles one har? I'm drawing $3100 now at SMRT and they only call me Senior Executive :"(

Based on experience, any bros and sis can advice if I join companies like PA that give good titles like Directors, VP etc. will it help in my career progression?

Thanks