Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   is this tech job normal? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/14446-tech-job-normal.html)

Unregistered 09-03-2022 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachaeltan (Post 207053)
all i asked for was some advice and instead i get a bunch of elitist babies crying... -___-

im also top 10% on leetcode, so what? top 5%, top 1%, leetcode doesnt mean you're a good programmer... anyone can reach it with enough practice..

real work isnt leetcode.

yes indeed. elite ppl are secure ppl, not insecure bozos

Broot 09-03-2022 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachaeltan (Post 207053)
all i asked for was some advice and instead i get a bunch of elitist babies crying... -___-

im also top 10% on leetcode, so what? top 5%, top 1%, leetcode doesnt mean you're a good programmer... anyone can reach it with enough practice..

real work isnt leetcode.

Ignore those dumbAsses. A senior here. From what u described it’s quite normal if you are in a MNC. I’d say take initiative and join in other things like code reviews and such. U don’t need to be writing new features all the time.

And screw leetcode. Ur ranks on there don.t do **** to business

Unregistered 24-05-2022 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206828)
7k rofl

You wish. Reach leetcode top 5% rank and contribute to at least 3 open-source projects with >5 accepted commits then come talk about "talent".

I'm a fresh grad with an offer over 7k. It's not about your Leetcode rank, it only shows how many questions you've done. Have you joined live competitive programming contests? Did you get top 5% on those competitions as well? Or just your stupid top 5% rank on Leetcode?

Unregistered 24-05-2022 07:45 PM

Also, same poster. I don't think your open source projects mean anything. An internship from a decent company like FAANG is far more valuable than your open source project contributions.

Unregistered 24-05-2022 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218959)
I'm a fresh grad with an offer over 7k. It's not about your Leetcode rank, it only shows how many questions you've done. Have you joined live competitive programming contests? Did you get top 5% on those competitions as well? Or just your stupid top 5% rank on Leetcode?

brother fyi ah, when people say leetcode top 5% ranking they referring to the "global rank" bro not the profile rank lol two different things ah

s://leetcode.com/neal_wu/

this guy #1 in global rank cause he #1 in every live weekly contest... but his profile rank 150k cause he never do all questions on the platform

just sayin la u wan flex ur 7k fresh grad at least use ur brain abit and say correct things, u bump old thread just to talk cock and flame people, wa lan, i read also sian

rajesh04 26-05-2022 09:18 AM

Leetcode is a good place to practise, nothing else. My manager checked if I know how to use a debugger and if I had any open source projects he could see.

Unregistered 26-05-2022 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajesh04 (Post 219166)
Leetcode is a good place to practise, nothing else. My manager checked if I know how to use a debugger and if I had any open source projects he could see.

You must be in a low tier company then.

Unregistered 27-05-2022 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219182)
You must be in a low tier company then.

Are you sure you worked in software development before? No company at faang will judge you based on your leet code score since it's opened book, they have their 4 stage interview test for judging junior software developers. Your parents should teach you basic manners

Unregistered 27-05-2022 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219337)
Are you sure you worked in software development before? No company at faang will judge you based on your leet code score since it's opened book, they have their 4 stage interview test for judging junior software developers. Your parents should teach you basic manners

Wtf are you even talking about lol Software Dev companies are not just limited to FAANG right? Maybe learn how to actually speak English.

Unregistered 27-05-2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219339)
Wtf are you even talking about lol Software Dev companies are not just limited to FAANG right? Maybe learn how to actually speak English.

not the guy u replying to, but non FAANG companies are almost exclusively low tier lolol (excluding the likes of shopee,grab,bytedance,linkedin,indeed etc. they are arguably in FAANG realm alr)