Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13727-those-2-5-yoe-what-your-salary.html)

Unregistered 22-02-2022 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chowchowchow (Post 204106)
To the skeptics, I was just like one of you.
Did engineering in NUS, class of 2017, thought I would be happy and contented to have a monthly of $10K as a career end goal.
Who knows, was fortunate to have joined an internet company, now averaging $16k/month excluding RSUs (which I will not count given company is pre-IPO).
I would really say that tech is the IB of today, of course top IB still pays much better but the work hours are also crazy.
Btw I am non-tech, so I would assume that a SWE would be paid closer to $18-20K on a similar trajectory.

That's nothing I graduated from SIM in the same year and pulling 25k

Unregistered 22-02-2022 12:57 PM

Quote:

Did engineering in NUS, class of 2017, thought I would be happy and contented to have a monthly of $10K as a career end goal.
Who knows, was fortunate to have joined an internet company, now averaging $16k/month excluding RSUs (which I will not count given company is pre-IPO).
I would really say that tech is the IB of today, of course top IB still pays much better but the work hours are also crazy.
Btw I am non-tech, so I would assume that a SWE would be paid closer to $18-20K on a similar trajectory.

simi lj siao lang is it ?

u not in tech but u assume that tech people make a lot ?

simi lj?

guys i dont have masters, people with masters or PhD confirm millionaires one

kum gong, 0 link / relevance

Chowchowchow 22-02-2022 12:58 PM

Haha I am not in tech but tech people make $99999999 monthly.
Trust me bros.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 01:24 PM

American tech giants such as Amazon Web Services, Meta Platforms, Apple and Google are dangling some of the highest salaries - 39% to 56.5% more than the market median, according to tech talent platform NodeFlair

Unregistered 22-02-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

16k only??? that can barely cover my car.

Too bad I can inherit wealth, have fun working for the rest of your life

Unregistered 22-02-2022 02:35 PM

some of my friends join crypto for quick $$$

Staying in a 5k per month condo and 10k to a Vietnamese sugar bb

Meanwhile the rest of the batch mate with traditional banking jobs are still working our way up in the rat race

Just different life decisions

singlebuyhdb 22-02-2022 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204166)

Meanwhile the rest of the batch mate with traditional banking jobs are still working our way up in the rat race

yup this is true ...

i got a friend in crypto company also , making 8k monthly with 1 yoe

i think its not bad but need to take note that when u job hop , company name matters abit . if they see ure always going to those unicorn or start-ups and u apply for FAANG or large tech , they might consider your "senior engineer" role to be "junior" equivalent in their company .

theres also other reasons like if ure software test engineer , u cant hop to software engineer easily . same for a 5 yoe backend to hop to senior role in front-end.

Chowchowchow 22-02-2022 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204141)
simi lj siao lang is it ?

u not in tech but u assume that tech people make a lot ?

simi lj?

guys i dont have masters, people with masters or PhD confirm millionaires one

kum gong, 0 link / relevance

Lol, which part did you not understand?
I am from internet company = in the tech world.

chowchowchow 22-02-2022 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204166)

Quite a handful of my batch mates quit MA programs, banking (IB and non-IB), and some smaller tech to be real estate agents.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chowchowchow (Post 204303)

Even smartlocal is an Internet company nowadays

Unregistered 22-02-2022 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204320)

LOL...your comment made my day
wondering this smartlocal develop what sia? haha

Unregistered 23-02-2022 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chowchowchow (Post 204303)

so why the **** did you say you're non-tech then you illiterate dumbass.

stop posting.

Unregistered 23-02-2022 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204324)
LOL...your comment made my day
wondering this smartlocal develop what sia? haha

Bro... you don't know? Develop Talents

singlebuyhdb 23-02-2022 05:36 PM

Quote:

no this is not true ...

to hit 18 - 20k as swe is very hard , u need to hit principal engineer levels and be on the highest salary band as well as work for most probably FAANG or large tech equivalent ( >50B revenue yearly )

not easy and very unlikely .

if we're talkin about those crypto or unicorn then uhh... also not really possible to be honest .... firstly crypto roles are still fairly new , highest i saw was 12k monthly and that one need 8 year experience ...

if we talking about unicorn , highest i saw was also 12-14kish, need 8 yoe and masters degree .

i not sure where u get 18-20k for SWE from , i work in tech , i can tell u this is very very rare if not, impossible unless u go USA . i hope u are not trolling ... false information like this can really waste people time .

Unregistered 23-02-2022 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singlebuyhdb (Post 204477)
no this is not true ...

to hit 18 - 20k as swe is very hard , u need to hit principal engineer levels and be on the highest salary band as well as work for most probably FAANG or large tech equivalent ( >50B revenue yearly )

if we're talkin about those crypto or unicorn then uhh... also not really possible to be honest .... firstly crypto roles are still fairly new , highest i saw was 12k monthly and that one need 8 year experience ...

if we talking about unicorn , highest i saw was also 12-14kish, need 8 yoe and masters degree .

i not sure where u get 18-20k for SWE from , i work in tech , i can tell u this is very very rare if not, impossible unless u go USA . i hope u are not trolling ... false information like this can really waste people time .

Pls share your yoe/$$$/role too

Unregistered 23-02-2022 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204107)
That's nothing I graduated from SIM in the same year and pulling 25k

25k per year. Typical SIM standard

singlebuyhdb 23-02-2022 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204483)
Pls share your yoe/$$$/role too

here u go bro ... i posted before

https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs...tml#post203686

chowchowchow 23-02-2022 08:35 PM

Quote:

no this is not true ...

Thanks, I was from one of the FAG companies and I was actually surprised that junior SWEs were not paid much more than non-tech. I think the base + bonus was almost indifferent, but what differed was RSUs. What I observed was that at every equivalent level, SWEs in F/G were paid 10-15% more purely from RSU.

But I thought that senior level SWE (TLs) would edge out significantly given that it is a more niche and select group of talent.

chowchowchow 23-02-2022 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204421)
so why the **** did you say you're non-tech then you illiterate dumbass.

stop posting.

Now I get what you are confused about.
You’re probably not in the tech world.
Non-tech == non eng or not SWE/SDE/SRE :)
Meaning, functions in business/corporate.
Less hate please

Unregistered 24-02-2022 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204320)

Yes but the one that i worked for is top-notch and out of your league. Heard of shopee?

Unregistered 24-02-2022 01:40 PM

Quote:

no this is not true ...

haha you're so out of touch its almost unreal

i know 2 ppl who were just offered 13k salaries as a blockchain engineer at a name-brand crypto company. both <2 yoe.

you say that you work in tech, yet you seem to be completely oblivious to how inflated tech salaries have become

your tech is the smart local ah?

Unregistered 24-02-2022 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204663)
Yes but the one that i worked for is top-notch and out of your league. Heard of shopee?

You mean sweatshopee? Heard they blew their budget hiring CR7 and now are paying shopee coins instead of sgd for salary.

Unregistered 24-02-2022 03:21 PM

Bunch of pussies read straitstimes or that NoobFlare ******** site and come on here spewing nonsense.

Blah blah my friend makes 999999k at xxxx company, I can confirm, my friend told me one.

No one gives a **** how much your friends make you retard. For all we know you could be a BBFA loser with no friends or a job. Talk about being braindead.

Unregistered 24-02-2022 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204671)
You mean sweatshopee? Heard they blew their budget hiring CR7 and now are paying shopee coins instead of sgd for salary.

Heard you're retarded and I was right. You are.

Seek help.

Or better yet, stay on this forum, keep posting trash you jobless cringelord.

Unregistered 24-02-2022 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204694)
Heard you're retarded and I was right. You are.

Seek help.

Or better yet, stay on this forum, keep posting trash you jobless cringelord.

Back to IMH for your meds, better listen to the nurse else she'll stick her finger up your poophole :)

Unregistered 25-02-2022 02:43 PM

Know quite a few friends (early or mid 30s) who made/making the switch into software engineering jobs via boot camps or government programmes.
Guess the salary is too enticing... after 2-3 years working in Tech, can easily exceed their previous salary even though they had worked in those jobs for ~8 years.

Unregistered 25-02-2022 02:47 PM

Tech damn easy to get in, the market is booming. Many fresh grads making almost 10k / monthly.

You don't need to be talented also, just learn how blockchain works and work hard for 1 month then do interviews and you're done.

Shopee also mass hiring, very easy to get in. Not sure why people don't just learn tech. I think sinkies got a problem, they can't sit down for long and code cause they've been taking it up the ass for too long.

Unregistered 25-02-2022 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204896)
Tech damn easy to get in, the market is booming. Many fresh grads making almost 10k / monthly.

You don't need to be talented also, just learn how blockchain works and work hard for 1 month then do interviews and you're done.

Shopee also mass hiring, very easy to get in. Not sure why people don't just learn tech. I think sinkies got a problem, they can't sit down for long and code cause they've been taking it up the ass for too long.

regression to the mean. the weak will be weeded out in due time.

Unregistered 25-02-2022 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204922)
regression to the mean. the weak will be weeded out in due time.

Haha a lot of jealous people like you always say this.

The truth is that thanks to COVID, tech is booming crazy, tech companies are hiring anyone, even idiots and lowering their standards for entry. As long as you have CS degree, you can get in.

No way you get fired unless you deliberately come late for work everyday, don't do work, go gym in the afternoon and take naps.

You have to TRY to get fired. Good luck everyone, go mass apply, easy money is everywhere in tech.

Unregistered 25-02-2022 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204931)
Haha a lot of jealous people like you always say this.

The truth is that thanks to COVID, tech is booming crazy, tech companies are hiring anyone, even idiots and lowering their standards for entry. As long as you have CS degree, you can get in.

No way you get fired unless you deliberately come late for work everyday, don't do work, go gym in the afternoon and take naps.

You have to TRY to get fired. Good luck everyone, go mass apply, easy money is everywhere in tech.

Eventually the space will be too crowded and the lousy ones who just mugged entry level skillset will get weeded out. Enjoy it while it lasts chump.

Unregistered 25-02-2022 07:10 PM

as the saying goes,

The More You Know The More You Realize You Don't Know. Sometimes ignorance is a blessing to those who think everything last forever.

Unregistered 25-02-2022 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204896)

might be the most stupid thing i've read this year

did your mum drop you as a baby?

Unregistered 25-02-2022 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204942)
Eventually the space will be too crowded and the lousy ones who just mugged entry level skillset will get weeded out. Enjoy it while it lasts chump.

HAHAHAHA

yet I'm still here for the past 2 years with a 20% promo last month hitting 9k / monthly with 2 YOE LMAO

Stay mad!

Unregistered 25-02-2022 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204952)
might be the most stupid thing i've read this year

did your mum drop you as a baby?

Oh the irony when you can't even type basic comprehensive English LMFAO

Unregistered 25-02-2022 08:44 PM

Started 3.5k, ending year 5 at 8k, AML compliance.

Unregistered 25-02-2022 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204957)
Oh the irony when you can't even type basic comprehensive English LMFAO

fReSh GrAdS mAKe 10k/moNTh

LMAO u wish u made 3k

Unregistered 25-02-2022 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204975)
fReSh GrAdS mAKe 10k/moNTh

LMAO u wish u made 3k

stop feeding the troll la knn poobrain

TS i work in finance

6k / monthly 3rd year , started at 3.2k

Unregistered 25-02-2022 11:48 PM

My friend grad from first class in NUS Cs, got into grab, 2YOE, abt 6-7 k now

My other friend same credentials, got into Google cos of good internships, abt 9-10k

But need to be aware that those who get 9-10 K starting in SWE are the top of the batch, same as those who are in business and got into investment banking. Maybe only 1% ?

And whoever that 1% is wont be bothered to troll on this thread and sh*t on ppl

Unregistered 26-02-2022 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204988)
My friend grad from first class in NUS Cs, got into grab, 2YOE, abt 6-7 k now

My other friend same credentials, got into Google cos of good internships, abt 9-10k

But need to be aware that those who get 9-10 K starting in SWE are the top of the batch, same as those who are in business and got into investment banking. Maybe only 1% ?

And whoever that 1% is wont be bothered to troll on this thread and sh*t on ppl

of cos we know that. we just want to troll the troll

Unregistered 26-02-2022 08:37 AM

Typical sinkie pwn sinkie mindset.

If a sinkie makes little money, gotta pwn him and talk about how tech people make much more. Then when a tech guy comes in and says he makes alot, we pwn him and say only top 1%ers can and they don't visit this forum.

Amazing.