Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Do you put your photo in your CV? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1353-do-you-put-your-photo-your-cv.html)

Hermit 02-03-2012 01:42 PM

When I get CVs coming to me without photographs, I put them aside unless it is really a very impressive one. But most of the time, the ones which I can put a face to (literally) gets my attention.

And please, please do not use cute poses in those photos... I am getting a lot of female applicants doing that and it is really counter-productive.

Unregistered 02-03-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermit (Post 21667)
When I get CVs coming to me without photographs, I put them aside unless it is really a very impressive one. But most of the time, the ones which I can put a face to (literally) gets my attention.

And please, please do not use cute poses in those photos... I am getting a lot of female applicants doing that and it is really counter-productive.

Do you prefer pretty faces?

Unregistered 02-05-2012 12:48 PM

If you are applying to a local company, you will probably have to, due to common local practice( I totally look down on this practice as it allows for acts of prejudices and discrimination to take place). However if you apply to a true MNC, do not insert/attach your photo, as it is seen as very unprofessional (but they do understand it is local practice).

Unregistered 02-05-2012 10:19 PM

If there had been people who ever told you before that your head resembles a dick.. Then i tink it's best not to include a photo and kill your chances before you get invited to an interview...
you can show up and scare them on the actual day when you walk into the room... Will be fun to look at the expressions of disgust on their faces....

Sam Adams 03-05-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24426)
If you are applying to a local company, you will probably have to, due to common local practice( I totally look down on this practice as it allows for acts of prejudices and discrimination to take place). However if you apply to a true MNC, do not insert/attach your photo, as it is seen as very unprofessional (but they do understand it is local practice).

with MNCs they actually make it a blanket policy to reject all applicants who attach photos because otherwise there could be groups for discrimination according to one's race etc. must remember that overseas, diff races can have same surname also. not like sgp.

poor and stupid 04-05-2012 12:05 AM

EHH, you people know how to read a not, most job ads have "attached your foto" then just crop any facebook foto that people tag you lor.

poor and stupid 04-05-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Adams (Post 24454)
with MNCs they actually make it a blanket policy to reject all applicants who attach photos because otherwise there could be groups for discrimination according to one's race etc. must remember that overseas, diff races can have same surname also. not like sgp.

usually see name know what race liao, in fact if you pro enuff like google, you can even know their dialect!

Unregistered 04-05-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Adams (Post 24454)

that is a generalization? i've work in more than one US MNC and if they did practise that, i would not have been hired.