Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 03-05-2024 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277673)
anyone knows whats the dress code?

long 4 with full FBO

Unregistered 04-05-2024 09:35 AM

I wanna form a telegram group for 2024 incoming seeders, what’s the best way to do this without revealing our handles here? Are there any existing groups out there already?

Unregistered 04-05-2024 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277706)
I wanna form a telegram group for 2024 incoming seeders, what’s the best way to do this without revealing our handles here? Are there any existing groups out there already?

lol what?

for what? u can just do this once ure in the program and ping people on teams

but this is pointless, in the past we had lots of teams group, tele group and even discord group with seeders, about 100-200+ people

in the end people rarely post in it or they just ask for things, say thanks then that was it.

Unregistered 11-05-2024 05:32 AM

Can I know what is DBS’ hiring/ onboarding process?

Last week HR told me they doing pre-employment check so ask me to submit credit report, provide references etc. Came back to me on Tuesday with an offer, so I assumed I passed the pre-employment checks.

However, when I accepted the offer on Thurs, I was told I need to sign a form, giving DBS approval to get some third party to conduct background check on me. Does this mean my offer is still subjected to this 2nd round of background check?

I got nothing to hide but it just worries me that my offer is still ‘tentative’, abit scared to tender my current job.

Unregistered 11-05-2024 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278290)
Can I know what is DBS’ hiring/ onboarding process?

Last week HR told me they doing pre-employment check so ask me to submit credit report, provide references etc. Came back to me on Tuesday with an offer, so I assumed I passed the pre-employment checks.

However, when I accepted the offer on Thurs, I was told I need to sign a form, giving DBS approval to get some third party to conduct background check on me. Does this mean my offer is still subjected to this 2nd round of background check?

I got nothing to hide but it just worries me that my offer is still ‘tentative’, abit scared to tender my current job.

Pre-employment check means checking your degree is valid and checking your credit report.

Background check means checking your previous work history and whatever you put on your resume. So whether it's valid or not, they will call your current company and ask about you.

My friend worked at Accenture then hop to DBS, they called his manager, his manager found out and made him work OT like a dog.

Unregistered 11-05-2024 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278332)
Pre-employment check means checking your degree is valid and checking your credit report.

Background check means checking your previous work history and whatever you put on your resume. So whether it's valid or not, they will call your current company and ask about you.

My friend worked at Accenture then hop to DBS, they called his manager, his manager found out and made him work OT like a dog.

Wa like that means technically my offer is still ‘tentative’ until they complete the background check? I know it is stated in the contract but feels really uneasy to quit knowing it is still tentative.

So may I ask what is the process for the background check? DBS will just use the approval form i signed and ownself liaise with the background check company? Or the background check company will reach out to me for more info?

Unregistered 11-05-2024 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278342)
Wa like that means technically my offer is still ‘tentative’ until they complete the background check? I know it is stated in the contract but feels really uneasy to quit knowing it is still tentative.

So may I ask what is the process for the background check? DBS will just use the approval form i signed and ownself liaise with the background check company? Or the background check company will reach out to me for more info?

If you lied then no offer lor. Also if you company wanna kpkb you and say you lied in your job description then you need to prove it. But unless you work in shady SME, your manager wont lie cos get caught will have lots of problems

Unregistered 11-05-2024 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278342)

But here is a tip. If you got other offers dont work at DBS. Life there is working like a dog.

Unregistered 11-05-2024 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278343)
If you lied then no offer lor. Also if you company wanna kpkb you and say you lied in your job description then you need to prove it. But unless you work in shady SME, your manager wont lie cos get caught will have lots of problems

But the lying part quite vague. I exaggerated on my resume that i boosted efficiency by 50%. Obviously i did not, and I was called out for it in a "background interview". Just need to ******** your way out of that

Unregistered 11-05-2024 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278346)
But the lying part quite vague. I exaggerated on my resume that i boosted efficiency by 50%. Obviously i did not, and I was called out for it in a "background interview". Just need to ******** your way out of that

Dbs background check called you out for that?