Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 11-12-2022 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236904)
nah shortlisted email is rejection and rejection is an offer. your so smart man.

shortlisted email is the same as an offer u dumb f**k, stop being a rage hungry kid and learn to read context

Unregistered 11-12-2022 01:54 PM

i got shortlisted pending their checks, though i didnt perform well in their tests. is the entry bar so low

Unregistered 11-12-2022 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236915)
i got shortlisted pending their checks, though i didnt perform well in their tests. is the entry bar so low

Continue dreaming maybe

Unregistered 11-12-2022 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236915)

DBS SEED has always been mass hire and mass quitting.

The truth is that most people just use this program as a standing ground. You are either,

1. non IT/CS degree and you come here to get 2 YOE so that you can join better tech companies.
2. IT / CS degree and you come to chill 2 YOE and leave after also.

I can't say why it's 2 years, when you join just ask your seniors. There's a number of "agreements" we have to abide by if we complete the SEED program and convert to "associate" rank. It's not the same as a perm "associate", it's very different...

Unregistered 11-12-2022 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236933)
DBS SEED has always been mass hire and mass quitting.

The truth is that most people just use this program as a standing ground. You are either,

1. non IT/CS degree and you come here to get 2 YOE so that you can join better tech companies.
2. IT / CS degree and you come to chill 2 YOE and leave after also.

I can't say why it's 2 years, when you join just ask your seniors. There's a number of "agreements" we have to abide by if we complete the SEED program and convert to "associate" rank. It's not the same as a perm "associate", it's very different...

Could u share some of the ‘agreements’?

Unregistered 11-12-2022 11:11 PM

Is it compulsory to stay for two years?

Unregistered 12-12-2022 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236935)
Could u share some of the ‘agreements’?

Hey, so sorry I can't as it's stated in my contract and also against DBS rules to share.

I can give you vague answers but I think that would be even more confusing. You can however ask your seniors but some of them may not share. Personally my seniors didn't want to share, I only found out after 2 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236938)
Is it compulsory to stay for two years?

Hey, no it's not compulsory but it is highly advisable to complete the program for the full benefits.

Unregistered 12-12-2022 01:15 PM

Recently submitted application

Submitted application last week, still no updates about status. The application still open but January intake already confirmed?

Unregistered 12-12-2022 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236962)
Submitted application last week, still no updates about status. The application still open but January intake already confirmed?

The next hackathon is on feb.

Unregistered 13-12-2022 12:31 PM

Didn't pass the coding assessment when I applied in October so when is the next date that I can apply again for SEED?