Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 24-08-2022 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228863)
19 October if I am not wrong

Thank you so much, I cannot access my email atm so can't check lol

it's 6 weeks right? first week in person orientation?

Unregistered 25-08-2022 12:46 AM

have those who said they can start in September received the onboarding email yet?

Unregistered 25-08-2022 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228897)
have those who said they can start in September received the onboarding email yet?

Starting in Sep too, but no on-boarding email except for the previous one weeks ago asking to provide additional documents.

Unregistered 07-09-2022 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213525)
it's random.... but generally, there are 2 big departments. IBGT and C2E (Corp banking / Consumer banking)
IBGT is ran like NS culture. Also you won't go far as a SWE here. Nothing much to learn, they mostly want BAs who don't code. Also, what is WLB lol. You have to do deployments on Friday nights which spans to Sat morning with no OIL. Also Friday, you are expected to report at your normal time.

Tech stack wise: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook, Microsofr Powerpoint, Confluence, Jira, Jenkins

This is true. Burn weekends

Unregistered 21-09-2022 11:02 AM

Does anybody know when will application open for 2023 SEED? it's already nearing the end of Q3..

Unregistered 22-09-2022 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213525)
it's random.... but generally, there are 2 big departments. IBGT and C2E (Corp banking / Consumer banking)
IBGT is ran like NS culture. Also you won't go far as a SWE here. Nothing much to learn, they mostly want BAs who don't code. Also, what is WLB lol. You have to do deployments on Friday nights which spans to Sat morning with no OIL. Also Friday, you are expected to report at your normal time.

Tech stack wise: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook, Microsofr Powerpoint, Confluence, Jira, Jenkins

Sadly this is true, I have heard horror stories in those departments.

Unregistered 26-09-2022 11:19 PM

Just got posted to MBFC on 3 oct... The email wrote to report in work attire that i am comfortable in. Can wear t shirt and long pants?

Unregistered 26-09-2022 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231303)
Just got posted to MBFC on 3 oct... The email wrote to report in work attire that i am comfortable in. Can wear t shirt and long pants?

More comfortable if you wear pyjamas there

Unregistered 27-09-2022 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231303)

Are you posted there or just there for orientation?

Unregistered 27-09-2022 07:19 PM

Heard rumors that this program is closed and no longer open in 2023? Some of my friends who did hackathon early this year and passed but asked for Jan 2023 intake just got told that position is no longer available

seems like economy quite bad huh? shopee mass layoff, citibank closing branches overseas, FAANG companies also freeze hiring.

Stay safe guys. Tech market dying already.