Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 27-09-2022 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231356)
Heard rumors that this program is closed and no longer open in 2023? Some of my friends who did hackathon early this year and passed but asked for Jan 2023 intake just got told that position is no longer available

seems like economy quite bad huh? shopee mass layoff, citibank closing branches overseas, FAANG companies also freeze hiring.

Stay safe guys. Tech market dying already.

Haha you are funny

Unregistered 27-09-2022 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231356)
Heard rumors that this program is closed and no longer open in 2023? Some of my friends who did hackathon early this year and passed but asked for Jan 2023 intake just got told that position is no longer available

seems like economy quite bad huh? shopee mass layoff, citibank closing branches overseas, FAANG companies also freeze hiring.

Stay safe guys. Tech market dying already.

Eh FAANG still hiring la bro

Only dbs seed closing cos all noobs mass hire also useless tats why lolol

Everyone going to citibank 6.5k program liao

Unregistered 30-09-2022 10:46 AM

Where is the link for the CITI Tech job application portal

Unregistered 01-10-2022 09:12 AM

Anyone else just applied for 2023 intake but havent received the link to the IQ/coding test?

Just got a template reply informing the application has been received

Unregistered 03-10-2022 10:36 PM

Tech is not dying la bro. Just consolidating. U think this world can operate without tech?

Unregistered 04-10-2022 02:55 AM

Anyone knows the date for the next TT hackathon?

Unregistered 04-10-2022 09:41 AM

Normally how many hackathons TT are there for each recruitment period?

Unregistered 04-10-2022 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213525)
it's random.... but generally, there are 2 big departments. IBGT and C2E (Corp banking / Consumer banking)
IBGT is ran like NS culture. Also you won't go far as a SWE here. Nothing much to learn, they mostly want BAs who don't code. Also, what is WLB lol. You have to do deployments on Friday nights which spans to Sat morning with no OIL. Also Friday, you are expected to report at your normal time.

Tech stack wise: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook, Microsofr Powerpoint, Confluence, Jira, Jenkins

Everything is true except the tech stack part. You're over exaggerating on that part but other than that yes, work life balance is non existence, most of the seeders are non tech idiots and retards like me from cs joined this because we were hoping we can finish task fast, spend the rest of our working time grinding LeetCode and finding better opportunities while getting paid.

Unfortunately that didn't work out. Most of us work like dogs, 9 to 9... Burn weekends.

I don't fking know for what. You finish ur tasks also they just assign you more from backlog. All these CONTRACT devs can't do their work so they pass to us seeders.

Their whole pipeline process is a mess. CI CD always failing.

Remember their app going down? No surprise lol their code base looks like it was written by 100 different people. Same code file can have 5 different styling and variable naming abuse. Some camel case, some all caps, some written like this "var1" "var2" ...

Wow... Many of my friends are also seeing the same thing in their team.

I finally understand why people talk so much trash about this program. I thought they were trolling... Sian I only wish I believed these people back then. Too late for regrets.

Unregistered 04-10-2022 05:10 PM

Why are they recruiting so many seeders? Just curious

Unregistered 04-10-2022 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231942)
Why are they recruiting so many seeders? Just curious

i dunno about now but last time my 2020 batch of 120+ ppl, 70+ quit after first year cos no bonus or pay inc or shag work life... we made a teams chat for our batch then slowly see a few by a few become "inactive" and removes from chat lol