Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 19-03-2023 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243104)
I see.

I kept my eyes open and honestly doubt there were that many who had better or greater outputs. Some definitely did, but not most.

I guess for bosses that go by the book, those who were newly promoted will be put into the bottom range of the C grade first, in order to give better grades to help promote the rest who are waiting.

This is a possible strategy at ranking. You may be a cushion for those who might be at risk of C- or D at the end of the curve. But if you, a new promotee is the last C, you are less likely to be given a C- or at risk of the “drop”, hence protecting those ranked in the same grade above you

Unregistered 19-03-2023 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243088)
OMG YES. But that shucks man. This means no matter how hard I work for my new job I am destined to a C-

when did you transfer to new ministry or SB to get that c-?

Unregistered 19-03-2023 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243088)
OMG YES. But that shucks man. This means no matter how hard I work for my new job I am destined to a C-

Ya is normal for ministries to do that for people who left.

Unregistered 19-03-2023 11:35 PM

Not so sinister la. Amount of money for bonus budgeted already. Since you left, the money better give to people who stay, up their morale.

You go new place earn your default C and start over lor. You left liao, cannot contribute to my organisation

Not purposely to fix the person that left, but just a better use of money from the perspective of the organisation

Unregistered 20-03-2023 06:49 AM

For those who gt promoted, will your next salary be above than your current salary ceiling.

Eg: current salary $2.8k, current ceiling $3k. Promoted, salary 3k min?

Unregistered 20-03-2023 08:01 AM

no. might exceed current salary ceiling if you are near there. there is overlap in the salary range between the grades

Unregistered 20-03-2023 08:43 AM

But c- need to be block for 3 years of promotion. Tbh it is not fair to people who did under the transfer scheme.

Unregistered 20-03-2023 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243138)
For those who gt promoted, will your next salary be above than your current salary ceiling.

Eg: current salary $2.8k, current ceiling $3k. Promoted, salary 3k min?

They're smart and make sure there's a lot of overlap so the promotion increment might not be much. At least it increases the ceiling else you'll be hard stuck.

Unregistered 20-03-2023 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243142)
But c- need to be block for 3 years of promotion. Tbh it is not fair to people who did under the transfer scheme.

After you moved, first year default C then clock 2 Bs then eligible for promo. No difference la

Unregistered 20-03-2023 11:05 AM

Anyone from SB knows their bonus?