Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 18-03-2023 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242897)
does the year start from april for the pro-rated?

Nope, from Jan

Unregistered 18-03-2023 10:18 PM

MX10, B, 3.46 months PB

Unregistered 19-03-2023 02:28 AM

B mx11 3.5

Unregistered 19-03-2023 09:18 AM

Based on statistical trends, is it true that for the year when you were just promoted, it is much much more difficult to obtain a C+ and above, especially if you have a big boss who always goes by the book?

(I know that there are exceptions too, but I'm just curious about the majority.)

Unregistered 19-03-2023 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243028)
Based on statistical trends, is it true that for the year when you were just promoted, it is much much more difficult to obtain a C+ and above, especially if you have a big boss who always goes by the book?

(I know that there are exceptions too, but I'm just curious about the majority.)

Yes, default for promotional year is C because you have just been promoted to the new grade/bigger portfolio and technically, “need time to be tested”. But there are always exceptions, and bosses must write to justify the higher grade. I have received B+ in promotional years before.

Unregistered 19-03-2023 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243028)

just do your best. i got a B on my promotional year and i was rotated to the new dept too earlier that year too. so possible.

Unregistered 19-03-2023 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243029)
Yes, default for promotional year is C because you have just been promoted to the new grade/bigger portfolio and technically, “need time to be tested”. But there are always exceptions, and bosses must write to justify the higher grade. I have received B+ in promotional years before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243030)
just do your best. i got a B on my promotional year and i was rotated to the new dept too earlier that year too. so possible.

Envy you guys for having such bosses sighs. I took on new projects and was also maintaining some unique ones during my promotion year...was expecting at least a C+. My C grade was also of a lower quantum. I guess if bosses go by the book, it'll be hard

Unregistered 19-03-2023 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243033)
Envy you guys for having such bosses sighs. I took on new projects and was also maintaining some unique ones during my promotion year...was expecting at least a C+. My C grade was also of a lower quantum. I guess if bosses go by the book, it'll be hard

How you know it was a lower quantum? Through HR or bosses?

Unregistered 19-03-2023 10:23 AM

i haven't get my grading is it it normal? quite late already though.

Unregistered 19-03-2023 10:51 AM

Anyone able to share what is the normal c and c+ quantum for mx13i?