Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Current Estimated Potential (CEP) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1218-civil-service-current-estimated-potential-cep.html)

Unregistered 20-03-2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64342)
For those in the civil service and still interested the CEP game, a phrase that i heard from bosses for sharing (edited).

"
If you think you should be of a CEP grade of XYZ, then you must show some evidence that you can carry the CEP grade of XYZ today "

If you can do some aspects of the work that is delegated downwards by higher ranking officers competently, it shows evidence that you can hold the higher rank.

Naturally scholars who are being groomed gets more exposure and opportunities to prove that they should have higher CEPs than non-scholars.

Can summarise? Is it just one sentence, need carry the right balls?

temp111 21-03-2015 01:52 PM

If I have been informed by my supervisor that my CEP has been raised, does that means that my promotion is ard the corner soon?

Been in civil service for 3 yrs.

First yr is default 'C' coz less than 1 year.

I receive a 'B' grading for 2nd and 3rd year in service which means 2 'B's in 2 consecutive years.

Any kind souls willing to advice?

Unregistered 21-03-2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 64399)
If I have been informed by my supervisor that my CEP has been raised, does that means that my promotion is ard the corner soon?

Been in civil service for 3 yrs.

First yr is default 'C' coz less than 1 year.

I receive a 'B' grading for 2nd and 3rd year in service which means 2 'B's in 2 consecutive years.

Any kind souls willing to advice?

Which MX grade are you in? How old are you? NS? If you have two Bs in a row, it generally means that promotion is just around the corner.

temp111 21-03-2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64401)
Which MX grade are you in? How old are you? NS? If you have two Bs in a row, it generally means that promotion is just around the corner.

I am a Div II worker. Poly grad with NS. Is there a set of criteria for promotion?

Unregistered 21-03-2015 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 64406)
I am a Div II worker. Poly grad with NS. Is there a set of criteria for promotion?

I'm only aware of the promotion criteria for MX. Not sure about the diploma scheme. For the mx scheme, usually 2 Bs + meet the CEP requirement, would mean that promotion is round the corner.

temp111 21-03-2015 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64417)
I'm only aware of the promotion criteria for MX. Not sure about the diploma scheme. For the mx scheme, usually 2 Bs + meet the CEP requirement, would mean that promotion is round the corner.

Promotion ard the corner means this upcoming promotion exercise in June?

Unregistered 30-03-2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64417)

2 Bs meeting the CEP requirement - very likely.
Promotion around the corner - most likely as well

Got 2 Bs in MX scheme, got promoted this year.

Unregistered 30-03-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 64425)
Promotion ard the corner means this upcoming promotion exercise in June?

Promotion exercise for Div 2 and below officers in June.

temp111 30-03-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64703)
Promotion exercise for Div 2 and below officers in June.

So did u get a letter informing of ur promotion or ur boss inform u verbally?

temp111 30-03-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64702)
2 Bs meeting the CEP requirement - very likely.
Promotion around the corner - most likely as well

Got 2 Bs in MX scheme, got promoted this year.

So did u get a letter informing of ur promotion or ur boss inform u verbally?