Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Current Estimated Potential (CEP) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1218-civil-service-current-estimated-potential-cep.html)

Unregistered 31-03-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64702)
2 Bs meeting the CEP requirement - very likely.
Promotion around the corner - most likely as well

Got 2 Bs in MX scheme, got promoted this year.

Just curious, does a B = mediocre? So 2 years of mediocrity can get promotion?

Unregistered 31-03-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64741)
Just curious, does a B = mediocre? So 2 years of mediocrity can get promotion?

C is the norm grade. Go figure whether B is mediocre or not.

Unregistered 31-03-2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 64705)
So did u get a letter informing of ur promotion or ur boss inform u verbally?

Verbal as well as boss email.

Unregistered 30-03-2018 09:43 AM

Anyone knows if it's common to get promoted from MX12 to MX11 after a year of joining, joined in Jan 2018, non fresh grad
What are the criteria for promotion? Get a B and above?

Also does CEP really get reviewed at the end of the appraisal cycle? Or it's actually very difficult to change from the day you enter to civil service

Unregistered 10-04-2018 07:56 AM

If one's department's promotion exercise is in June, i.e. promotion takes effect in June, what is the usual timeline for one's promotion to be set in stone?

Or is promotion already deliberated and decided together with the officer's PB grading?

Thank you in advance!

Unregistered 05-12-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106480)
If one's department's promotion exercise is in June, i.e. promotion takes effect in June, what is the usual timeline for one's promotion to be set in stone?

Or is promotion already deliberated and decided together with the officer's PB grading?

Thank you in advance!

At my agency, the ranking and people to promote is decided by Oct/Nov. The appraisal exercise in Jan is merely going thru motion and whatever the supervisor or boss say is just lip service. We are only informed of our perf bonus in April which will indicate whether we r promoted or not.

Food for thoughts on HR practices...

Unregistered 07-12-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaz (Post 10534)
Age matters for CEP. If you're 50, an MX11 with CEP of MX10, you'll be ranked lower than an officer who is 30, an MX 11 with the same CEP. Anyway, ranking isn't exact science and there are too many factors to consider.

It is shocking to learn that civil service still allow such discriminatory practices. What happened to all that talk about meritocracy? Age is just a number. If someone proved he is better, he should deserve a higher ranking.

Unregistered 07-12-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112248)
It is shocking to learn that civil service still allow such discriminatory practices. What happened to all that talk about meritocracy? Age is just a number. If someone proved he is better, he should deserve a higher ranking.

When I hit 40, interviwers were outright saying younger staff preferred and that’s in civil service.

Unregistered 08-12-2018 01:17 PM

This is reality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112273)
When I hit 40, interviwers were outright saying younger staff preferred and that’s in civil service.

Unregistered 14-12-2018 09:42 AM

I am informed that my CEP is 8. Is that low or high or average. There are people with 7.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112280)
This is reality.