Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Engineer Pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10542-engineer-pay.html)

Unregistered 23-10-2020 11:28 AM

Hi everyone, fresh graduate EE here. May I know what's the current pay to expect for a fresh engineering graduate in a MEP consulting firm ? (like arup, aurecon, Mott Mac etc etc those kind). is 3k alright ? or tooo low ?

thanks.

Unregistered 23-10-2020 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147882)
Hi everyone, fresh graduate EE here. May I know what's the current pay to expect for a fresh engineering graduate in a MEP consulting firm ? (like arup, aurecon, Mott Mac etc etc those kind). is 3k alright ? or tooo low ?

thanks.

3k is just about right for FCH. If you get second upper or second lower, it should be from the range of 2.3k to 2.8k. For first job, it's not about the pay, but rather the bosses and what they can teach you.

Unregistered 23-10-2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147906)
3k is just about right for FCH. If you get second upper or second lower, it should be from the range of 2.3k to 2.8k. For first job, it's not about the pay, but rather the bosses and what they can teach you.

is this for M&E consulting (designing) ?
quite shock to see 2nd up/low only 2.3 - 2.8k.
Seen some linkedin profile, typically people take 5 years to be senior engineer. Any idea how much is the pay for senior engineer with 5 years exp in m&e consulting ? and how much yearly increment should I expect in this field ?

Unregistered 23-10-2020 03:52 PM

Anyone here from "beca, mottmac, wsp, meinhardt, cpg, surbana & etc" can chip in ur seniority (civil/mech/elec) and pay ? just wanna know how much one should expect in this field. I believe this will be useful for all, like the ST Engineering thread in this forum.

cheers

Unregistered 23-10-2020 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147914)
Anyone here from "beca, mottmac, wsp, meinhardt, cpg, surbana & etc" can chip in ur seniority (civil/mech/elec) and pay ? just wanna know how much one should expect in this field. I believe this will be useful for all, like the ST Engineering thread in this forum.

cheers

join STE, 2nd lower with NS, as fresh grad NTU, 2600/mth in year 2006.

Unregistered 23-10-2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147906)

Crazy. 2.3k was c&s fresh grad pay 25 years ago.

Unregistered 24-10-2020 12:24 AM

Software engineers considered engineers?

Unregistered 24-10-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147882)

thanks.

Am a fresh graduate in one of these MNCs, pay is 3.2-3.5, same for all fresh graduates in the company across depts (MEP/Infra etc).

Want to see more info on the career progression in this industry in the MNCs as well. Overall impression so far is that the pay in this industry has been below average and will most likely continue to be that way.

Unregistered 24-10-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147983)
Am a fresh graduate in one of these MNCs, pay is 3.2-3.5, same for all fresh graduates in the company across depts (MEP/Infra etc).

Want to see more info on the career progression in this industry in the MNCs as well. Overall impression so far is that the pay in this industry has been below average and will most likely continue to be that way.

Definitely below average, but what do u expect?

And 5 years to reach senior engineer is if you can survive all the politics, only the outstanding ones get promoted. I have so many colleagues in their 40s and 50s still engineer role. That's life in office politics.

Unregistered 24-10-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147983)

wow. my 3k offered is really underpaid.