Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10418-factual-local-bank-salaries-dbs-united-overseas-bank-oversea-chinese-banking-corporation-commoner-climbing-up-ranks.html)

Unregistered 30-09-2019 09:55 PM

which part of middle office and back office cannot be outsourced?

Seems that banks can have a lite presence in singapore with just a customer facing side.

anything that needs to be located nearby can be based in jb, just a short hop away

Unregistered 09-10-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123773)
which part of middle office and back office cannot be outsourced?

Seems that banks can have a lite presence in singapore with just a customer facing side.

anything that needs to be located nearby can be based in jb, just a short hop away

Probably internal audit? I've never heard of them being let go. Usually it's operations and IT that get the axe.

Unregistered 09-10-2019 09:35 AM

No need to brag or what, hire me right now and we will all know if it is real.

Unregistered 10-01-2020 08:44 AM

Banks is not where real money is now.. Just like brokerage, investment bank.
U have look at what industry is growing for next 10 yrs
Move out bank to logistic and e commerce private Co as a CIO
Took a slight pay cut..
Company went ipo, with given shares...
have liquidated some, house in district 10 full paid, renting another for retirement
Some of friend ask why I gave up at 250k per annum job...to do this

Frankly it is still a lot of work. I am building something for next 15 yrs and I only answer 1 person

And I enjoy the work compare to previous life's where I need pleased so many md

tpjeanp 10-01-2020 11:12 PM

hi @ anyone that has worked/is currently working at UOB as service exec, may i know is the salary dependent on commissions from cross-selling bank products?? cause i'm cool with suggesting products to customers & customer service stuff but nope if i have to aggressively push for customers to sign up for services/products cause my pay depends on the sales i can get lol imo i feel like that should be more of what personal bankers do?

thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out with this qns! ���� kinda noob about the banking industry & whatever that's related to it ��

Unregistered 14-01-2020 05:37 PM

Hello, would like to ask what is the best way to enter a bank job without relevent qualifications?

which department is best for people with no experience to start?

Unregistered 20-01-2020 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128072)
Hello, would like to ask what is the best way to enter a bank job without relevent qualifications?

which department is best for people with no experience to start?

teller to brnach manager?

Unregistered 07-02-2020 08:15 PM

Interest rates for staff

Hi.. what is the average interest rate given to staff for their deposit accounts?

Unregistered 16-02-2020 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128677)
Hi.. what is the average interest rate given to staff for their deposit accounts?

No preferential rate

Unregistered 16-02-2020 02:48 PM

employee preferential rates

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128956)
No preferential rate

Really? I took this from DBS website..

"DBS’ benefits schemes are geared towards ensuring the wellness of our employees, with key initiatives under our iHealth programme designed to encourage an active lifestyle.... Staff can also enjoy banking privileges including preferential interest and loan rates."