Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10418-factual-local-bank-salaries-dbs-united-overseas-bank-oversea-chinese-banking-corporation-commoner-climbing-up-ranks.html)

Unregistered 02-06-2020 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling (Post 136264)
How many is a few? :(

What proof do you have? :(

I don't know how dumb you are, but if you wish to verify, go on LinkedIn or something? :(

sinkingfeeling 02-06-2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136269)
I don't know how dumb you are, but if you wish to verify, go on LinkedIn or something? :(

Sorry, I am very dumb, can tell me which private uni they are from? :(

After all, there's UOL, RMIT, Kaplan, etc. :(

Unregistered 02-06-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling (Post 136279)
Sorry, I am very dumb, can tell me which private uni they are from? :(

After all, there's UOL, RMIT, Kaplan, etc. :(

Not just dumb, but lazy.

Unregistered 02-06-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136205)
I personally know a few SIM grads in OCBC's young banker/grad talent programme. It's not even 5 percent of the intake, but these guys exist. They lucked out bigtime because not only do they get to join a grad talent programme in a bank, their pay is also the same as their local uni peers with the same class of honours as them and in the same programme.

help la OCBC is trash and their GTP (rebranded from YBP) is trash too. it's not even the top 10 choices for most business grads.

Unregistered 02-06-2020 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136295)
help la OCBC is trash and their GTP (rebranded from YBP) is trash too. it's not even the top 10 choices for most business grads.

why trash? not top 10 means trash ah? means there are only 10 non-trash companies.

Unregistered 02-06-2020 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136295)

Again, there are some (not majority of course) private uni grads on BBs (think JP/DB) & other foreign banks (think SCB) grad schemes.

Unregistered 02-06-2020 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136310)
Again, there are some (not majority of course) private uni grads on BBs (think JP/DB) & other foreign banks (think SCB) grad schemes.

Definitely. But the number is really really small, and it has got to do with the individual drive and motivation and not the school.

Unregistered 03-06-2020 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136356)
Definitely. But the number is really really small, and it has got to do with the individual drive and motivation and not the school.

Definitely.

Then again, this applies even if you’re in local uni. You still need to have drive and motivation to obtain good grades & get relevant exp.

Personally, I would take a 2nd upper UOL with decent exp/extra curricular over a 2nd lower local uni grad with little to no exp.

Unregistered 03-06-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136376)
Definitely.
Personally, I would take a 2nd upper UOL with decent exp/extra curricular over a 2nd lower local uni grad with little to no exp.

This statement itself sums up that there is a marked difference just purely based on institutional background.

Unregistered 03-06-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136437)
This statement itself sums up that there is a marked difference just purely based on institutional background.

That’s just an example.

There’s obviously a difference, just not a marked one in my opinion.

Unless both candidates are 100% the same on paper, private uni grads have the chance to differentiate themselves.

Alternatively, they can both be shortlisted and the decision could be made based on their interviews (happening more and more often).