Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10418-factual-local-bank-salaries-dbs-united-overseas-bank-oversea-chinese-banking-corporation-commoner-climbing-up-ranks.html)

Unregistered 29-04-2019 12:15 AM

Hi, anyone in the local banks know if your organisations mo/bo are hiring now? Have been trying to apply for a few roles over the last few months and receive zero response...

Unregistered 25-06-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117900)
Hi, anyone in the local banks know if your organisations mo/bo are hiring now? Have been trying to apply for a few roles over the last few months and receive zero response...

Try jobsbank.

Unregistered 25-06-2019 11:43 PM

FO ftw, no point working in BO

Unregistered 15-08-2019 10:07 PM

Anyone has reliable info on how much a Senior Officer in UOB is paid? Fresh grad. For MO/BO roles.

Unregistered 18-08-2019 01:13 AM

3.2k-3.5k max for normal hire no experience

Unregistered 22-08-2019 07:51 PM

How long does it usually take for local banks to get back with an offer?

I completed all rounds of interview with a local bank recently.

Unregistered 25-08-2019 09:18 AM

For those who have high salaries and have been working in a bank for some time, based on your observations and experiences, how easily does an individual get retrenched from a bank (perhaps, looking at the economy in the last 10-15 years)?

Unregistered 13-09-2019 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122846)
For those who have high salaries and have been working in a bank for some time, based on your observations and experiences, how easily does an individual get retrenched from a bank (perhaps, looking at the economy in the last 10-15 years)?

Retrenchment means your position is being eliminated because of business restructuring, which means the bank can’t immediate hire your replacement.

However, there is a big “juniorization” trend in the past few years where they tend to replace older more experienced staff with cheaper junior staff. As your pay goes up, you need to be more ready for the axe. It’s the sad reality.

Unregistered 17-09-2019 07:00 PM

From Public to Private

hi all, currently a civil servant but considering a job offer from a bank in a similar role. am thinking whether to base my asking pay on my current total annual package inclusive of bonuses, wondering if that is reasonable.

Unregistered 23-09-2019 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123467)
hi all, currently a civil servant but considering a job offer from a bank in a similar role. am thinking whether to base my asking pay on my current total annual package inclusive of bonuses, wondering if that is reasonable.

No harm trying.

At most they will likely to offer you lower or match you.