Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 14-04-2024 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275101)
Only the bonus amount is an absolute value. The increment is still % but hearsay it will be lower because they want to reward the better-performing employees through "bigger" bonuses and won't focus on their "base" salary anymore.

if that’s the case, the better ones will have more incentive to take the bonus and leave since the salary falls below market or expectation.

Unregistered 14-04-2024 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275047)
I suspect this is intentional as many new joiners joined at near max of their grades. With this change, can give lesser bonus

what is the trigger? indeed saga karma

Unregistered 14-04-2024 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275101)
Only the bonus amount is an absolute value. The increment is still % but hearsay it will be lower because they want to reward the better-performing employees through "bigger" bonuses and won't focus on their "base" salary anymore.

better-performing employees refer to C+ and above or B and above?

Unregistered 14-04-2024 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275047)
I suspect this is intentional as many new joiners joined at near max of their grades. With this change, can give lesser bonus

I know many new joiners are at the lower band so they definitely get more.
But since all ppl of same salary grade are ranked together, I think the new approach is fairer. Same salary grade should be paid same if their performance is the same.

Unregistered 14-04-2024 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275114)
better-performing employees refer to C+ and above or B and above?

It is all relative. C graders are better performing than D, while C+ graders are better than C. The higher your performance grade, the higher your bonus is.

Unregistered 14-04-2024 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275072)
1 Senior Director
2 Director
13 Principal engineers/UX (grade k)
12 Lead engineers/UX (grade j)
11 Senior engineers/UX (grade i)
22 engineers/UX (grade g/h)
0 associate engineers/UX

this is crazy, 27 out of 61 in 1 team are Lead and above level, what kind of team structure here

no wonder govtech need to cut SI, IPB because all indeed are overpaid and budget go there

This one I really cannot brain and I only wish I can bring this up during govtech con

Why on earth will u give them such high ranking position and title. pui

A bit a bit also lead and principal. Makes the title feels so cheap already. Why dont take care of the services whom are slogging in and out, taking care of the agency and clocking revenues for the organization

I am a Grade G with 8 years exp (outside of govtech) and I cannot brain how long I need to climb just to have that title

And when are they going to change the DBA title. Omg

Unregistered 14-04-2024 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275084)
so assuming same job grade and performance grace, the one with existing higher salary gets lower pb in terms of months. he will also potentially get lower absolute Salary Increment.

he will also potentially get lower absolute Salary Increment? why?

Unregistered 14-04-2024 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275120)
This one I really cannot brain and I only wish I can bring this up during govtech con

Why on earth will u give them such high ranking position and title. pui

A bit a bit also lead and principal. Makes the title feels so cheap already. Why dont take care of the services whom are slogging in and out, taking care of the agency and clocking revenues for the organization

I am a Grade G with 8 years exp (outside of govtech) and I cannot brain how long I need to climb just to have that title

And when are they going to change the DBA title. Omg

Lol bro or sis,why u copy my quote. I thought someone resonated with me but I read it again, only realised I wrote it lol

Unregistered 14-04-2024 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275129)
he will also potentially get lower absolute Salary Increment? why?

Might not be for SI. See if I can find out in our upcoming town hall this Wed

Unregistered 14-04-2024 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275072)
1 Senior Director
2 Director
13 Principal engineers/UX (grade k)
12 Lead engineers/UX (grade j)
11 Senior engineers/UX (grade i)
22 engineers/UX (grade g/h)
0 associate engineers/UX

this is crazy, 27 out of 61 in 1 team are Lead and above level, what kind of team structure here

no wonder govtech need to cut SI, IPB because all indeed are overpaid and budget go there

it begs the question why the people who make this decision, including those allowing this to happen, are still around and wrecking havoc of the company. surely the same people with the same mindset wont make the same judgement error (if they consider so) only once.