Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   Changi Airport Group (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3440-changi-airport-group.html)

Unregistered 29-11-2016 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92118)
Ya if by now nothing means no chance. i got an offer btw and i think i may take it.

Hi, would you be able to share more about the interview process? Other than the typical interview questions, any other more special and challenging ones? For essay, is it generic topic or more specific to the area that applicants apply to? Is it common to all to have 2 rounds of interviews? Thanks.

Unregistered 17-01-2017 12:33 AM

I am here to debunk the myth most commonly associated with government-linked companies (or Pseudo-Civil as the more affectionately referred term used in this forum) like Changi Airport Group; the exclusion of non-local undergrads into their senior associate grades.

For a lengthy tenure in airside operations, I have interacted with numerous fellow colleagues from varying departments within CAG who are graduates from private institutions à la distance learning degrees who managed to land their first white-collared job at Changi Airport.

Mollycoddling SIM undergrads aside, all the aforementioned colleagues are First Class Honours holders from UOL and most of them have performed exceptionally well in the Talent Internship Programme.

If you are a current student of a private institution, fret not, we view candidates holistically. Just remember that you need to get that competitive edge aside from "just a degree" .

Unregistered 17-01-2017 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93843)
I am here to debunk the myth most commonly associated with government-linked companies (or Pseudo-Civil as the more affectionately referred term used in this forum) like Changi Airport Group; the exclusion of non-local undergrads into their senior associate grades.

For a lengthy tenure in airside operations, I have interacted with numerous fellow colleagues from varying departments within CAG who are graduates from private institutions à la distance learning degrees who managed to land their first white-collared job at Changi Airport.

Mollycoddling SIM undergrads aside, all the aforementioned colleagues are First Class Honours holders from UOL and most of them have performed exceptionally well in the Talent Internship Programme.

If you are a current student of a private institution, fret not, we view candidates holistically. Just remember that you need to get that competitive edge aside from "just a degree" .

Linkedin please? Since you say it is so common, should be able to find at least 3-5 Senior Associates in their first job with DL degree easily.

Here's what I found from simple search so far:

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/tan-wei-hao-597b6133
- SMU

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/estee-lim-99296344
- RMIT (seems to be campus, not DL)
- 1 years work exp prior SA

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/brian-neo-3063a564
- Diploma
- 7 years work exp prior SA

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/juliet-fu-59853556
- Durham + Imperial College

- RMIT
- 5 years work exp prior SA

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/renee-tan-89309364
- Bradford
- Joined CAG for 7 years+ already still SA, most likely got in at officer level and got the degree while with CAG.

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/marinne-santiago-771541103
- Diploma + Birmingham
- 6 years work exp prior SA

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/ainan-liu-796308118
- Duke, definitely not DL

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/tang-jun-jie-5aab2b80
- NUS

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/angie-yeo-3928012b
- Diploma + SIM
- 8 years work exp prior SA

This is just page 1, nobody close to getting their 1st job at CAG as SA with a DL degree. I quickly scanned through page 2, didn't find anything either. Some of them could be, but they listed themselves as having spent 6-9 years as SA (which would be really bad performer), so I suspect what happened is they simply consolidate and left out their earlier jobs within CAG in CV.

Unregistered 19-01-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93858)
Linkedin please? Since you say it is so common, should be able to find at least 3-5 Senior Associates in their first job with DL degree easily.

Here's what I found from simple search so far:

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/tan-wei-hao-597b6133
- SMU

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/estee-lim-99296344
- RMIT (seems to be campus, not DL)
- 1 years work exp prior SA

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/brian-neo-3063a564
- Diploma
- 7 years work exp prior SA

- Durham + Imperial College

- RMIT
- 5 years work exp prior SA

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/renee-tan-89309364
- Bradford
- Joined CAG for 7 years+ already still SA, most likely got in at officer level and got the degree while with CAG.

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/marinne-santiago-771541103
- Diploma + Birmingham
- 6 years work exp prior SA

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/ainan-liu-796308118
- Duke, definitely not DL

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/tang-jun-jie-5aab2b80
- NUS

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/angie-yeo-3928012b
- Diploma + SIM
- 8 years work exp prior SA

This is just page 1, nobody close to getting their 1st job at CAG as SA with a DL degree. I quickly scanned through page 2, didn't find anything either. Some of them could be, but they listed themselves as having spent 6-9 years as SA (which would be really bad performer), so I suspect what happened is they simply consolidate and left out their earlier jobs within CAG in CV.

Dun be silly, the really good people dun waste their time with linkedin. You dun believe also no need to be cynical & negative. I know quite a few DL deg there who are doing very well in the senior mgt level.

Unregistered 20-01-2017 12:18 AM

Working Enviroment

Can someone share how's the culture there like? Roughly how much are Asst Mgr being paid?

Unregistered 20-01-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93897)
Dun be silly, the really good people dun waste their time with linkedin. You dun believe also no need to be cynical & negative. I know quite a few DL deg there who are doing very well in the senior mgt level.

You mean the really good people like yourself? From what I know, many industry leaders such as Mark Hurd, Bill Gates and Richard Branson are on Linkedln, but maybe you're better than them I guess.

At least the poster gave clear evidence that is helpful towards the topic, your comment? Not much so

Unregistered 26-01-2017 02:55 PM

Changi Airport International

May I know any difference between Changi Airport Group and Changi Airport International?

adclicko1 27-02-2017 04:22 PM

Hi, may I know what are the benefits from CAG? Like flexi-benefits, insurance, etc?

Unregistered 28-02-2017 11:41 PM

Anyone know details on the following role:
MANAGER, CARGO & LOGISTICS DEVELOPMENT

Last week I just gave it a shot and applied. Was quite surprised they called me today for an interview.

lim 26-03-2017 10:46 AM

Foreigner Availability

Hi Guys,
May I know whether is the Jobs Vacancies at Changi Airport applicable for foreigner like Indonesian?

thanks