Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 04-09-2023 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254716)
True...as most people in ST could not survive in the outside world and thus stuck forever, so first job is the last job. Strongly advise aspired engineer to look for a greener pastures because the way of doing work is so backdated till only the government will be fooled into it. Of course, the culture is truly toxic :) prepare to work until midnight under the threatening of the upper management but they will go home at 5.

How aptly you have put it.

Unregistered 06-09-2023 10:41 AM

Just accepted an engineer position E5 at ST Marine, FCH get 5.2k upon signing.

Unregistered 06-09-2023 10:48 AM

Fresh grad here starting work at ST Marine for 5.2k, E5 Engineer.

Unregistered 06-09-2023 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255327)
Fresh grad here starting work at ST Marine for 5.2k, E5 Engineer.

Some of the older M1 in other divisions just hit 5k

Unregistered 06-09-2023 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255326)
Just accepted an engineer position E5 at ST Marine, FCH get 5.2k upon signing.

What is your role and major of study?

Unregistered 07-09-2023 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255360)
Some of the older M1 in other divisions just hit 5k

Really? As M1 I was getting >6.5K...

Each grade has quite a wide range of salary scale and depends on whether you can in with experience or not.

Unregistered 07-09-2023 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255406)
Really? As M1 I was getting >6.5K...

Each grade has quite a wide range of salary scale and depends on whether you can in with experience or not.

How many YOE? Thanks for sharing!

Unregistered 07-09-2023 09:56 PM

Can i know salary range of principal engineer?

Unregistered 10-09-2023 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252895)
Just a rant post:

I really don’t like how some managers think they big shot and then go around demanding others to sacrifice their personal time to settle work because they incapable. Best joke: the manager is from a different division so should not even boss people around.

Any tricks on handling such bitches? Especially the aunties one

This is so true! My side hired two sales managers from Land and Aero as Senior Engineers. They have 6-15 working experience. Both of them only know how to talk loudly (just to get attention) and paste a lot of engineering drawings on the walls and yet,they don't know the actual engineering stuff. 100% wayang gao gao. Always talking on the surface level and beat around the bush. Doing engineering works without using formulas and physics. Learnt everything from and always wear suit and tie to work.

Unregistered 10-09-2023 12:52 AM

Rice Worms

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252017)
You are right. My former division had a team that quit entirely. The management simply pass the workload to another already stretched out team. Then they questioned why so many people left.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252895)
Just a rant post:

I really don’t like how some managers think they big shot and then go around demanding others to sacrifice their personal time to settle work because they incapable. Best joke: the manager is from a different division so should not even boss people around.

Any tricks on handling such bitches? Especially the aunties one

This is so true! My side hired two sales managers from Land and Aero as Senior Engineers. They have 6-15 working experience. Both of them only know how to talk loudly (just to get attention) and paste a lot of engineering drawings on the walls and yet,they don't know the actual engineering stuff. 100% wayang gao gao. Always talking on the surface level and beat around the bush. Doing engineering works without using formulas and physics. Learnt everything from and always wear suit and tie to work.