Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 24-08-2023 12:35 AM

Anyone here comes from Mobility Rail? Interviewed for a role there and was offered. Now contemplating because I heard the department has an amazingly toxic culture. Heard very hard to promote cuz bosses mark ppl easily. Anyone can share?

Unregistered 24-08-2023 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254522)
Anyone here comes from Mobility Rail? Interviewed for a role there and was offered. Now contemplating because I heard the department has an amazingly toxic culture. Heard very hard to promote cuz bosses mark ppl easily. Anyone can share?

From mobility rail here. Well, life is a gamble. If you're offered well enough just take on the offer since you are paid to do your "job" and maybe suffer LMAO.

Unregistered 25-08-2023 08:55 AM

Quote:

Take the job first and suffer later! Hahaha...

Unregistered 25-08-2023 10:01 PM

Quote:

It depends if your offer is on higher or lower end of service grade.

Unregistered 27-08-2023 07:24 PM

Quote:

I think better not. Wait for the old ones to retire first.

Unregistered 28-08-2023 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254476)
This is a company you should join during your first job or last job. Not in between. It has a big possibility of destroying or damaging your thinking and career

True...as most people in ST could not survive in the outside world and thus stuck forever, so first job is the last job. Strongly advise aspired engineer to look for a greener pastures because the way of doing work is so backdated till only the government will be fooled into it. Of course, the culture is truly toxic :) prepare to work until midnight under the threatening of the upper management but they will go home at 5.

Unregistered 29-08-2023 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254716)
True...as most people in ST could not survive in the outside world and thus stuck forever, so first job is the last job. Strongly advise aspired engineer to look for a greener pastures because the way of doing work is so backdated till only the government will be fooled into it. Of course, the culture is truly toxic :) prepare to work until midnight under the threatening of the upper management but they will go home at 5.

True! You forgotten to add that management will also steal your credit for their own benefits (aka Performance Bonus / Promotion). A retirement nest for ex-military personnel with little or no business sense to run the operations. This is especially more evident in the defense side.

Unregistered 30-08-2023 09:25 PM

Salary Guide for ST

Hi does anyone know what is the revised salary range for the E4, E5, E6, M1?

Unregistered 01-09-2023 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250593)
E4: $3.6k - $4.5k depending on years of work exp.
E5: $4k - $5.2k ( $4k for those E4 promoted to E5 or old bird E5 with the yearly slow increment. $5.2k for some fresh grad new software engineers )
E6: $4.5k - $6.8k ( depending on new hire or old bird )
M1: $4.8k - $7.5k
M2: $5.2k - $8k
M3: $5.5k - $9k++

These ranges are still quite accurate. Look at the higher end of the range if you're new entrant.

The lower range of those grades are filled with people who cannot survive outside ST

Unregistered 04-09-2023 11:47 AM

Quote:

A lot of wayang at play. Once you get into the good books of the bosses, you will be promoted faster than old timers to manager level.