Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   MAS for Mid Career Professionals (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2119-monetary-authority-singapore-mid-career-professionals.html)

Unregistered 12-04-2024 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274862)
Fully agree. But there are some DD that also under radar because they are worker bee who will never get promoted beyond… DD?

Some senior ADs who have been AD for very long and arguably deserve redesignation also get very sian and think of leaving before promoted. Some leave once they make DD as they got better offer outside.

Promoting DD is beyond D leh, that one is very hard to get...

Unregistered 12-04-2024 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274862)
Fully agree. But there are some DD that also under radar because they are worker bee who will never get promoted beyond… DD?

Some senior ADs who have been AD for very long and arguably deserve redesignation also get very sian and think of leaving before promoted. Some leave once they make DD as they got better offer outside.

Some DDs are just honest, reserved, not hotair, not angkat bola, so they "seem" to be under radar when they are actually not. They are just not d1(ks really.

Unregistered 12-04-2024 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274868)
Some DDs are just honest, reserved, not hotair, not angkat bola, so they "seem" to be under radar when they are actually not. They are just not d1(ks really.

Sadly, it is often those hot air d1(ks who know how to angkat bola that… iykyk!

The decent, nice ones who mind their own business, usually just remain where they are, at most become an overworked TL!

Unregistered 12-04-2024 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274865)
In MAS you just get condemned. Worst thing is bosses don’t have the decently to tell you that they think of you as a Jiak lioa Bee. You only realise when your appraisal letter doesn’t show a promotion

Maybe it’s not that they see you as JLB, but they just did not fight hard enough for you, or maybe someone else boss was willing to push harder for them…

Unregistered 12-04-2024 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274804)
Haha, are you sure they are your friends and not your frenemies? :P. If a person doesn't really stand up for you, not really your friend right? :D

Now that you mention it, I know someone who actively initiates gossip abt certain bosses they don’t like - in writing, no less - but in front of them, they mask so well that those bosses are fooled into thinking they are loyal subordinates… so the lonely boss who wants to friend their subordinates are also strung along…

Are such people two faced hypocrite or frenemy? Nah, such gossipmonger make working life more entertaining… don’t expect too much of them, just treat as fair weather friend that is hazard in every workplace…

Unregistered 12-04-2024 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274677)
Mind Games Gao Gao :eek:

Yeah i feel ya. Got one colleague going around saying what my TL is untrustable, but then when in front of him, laugh and joke and chio chio.........

Unregistered 12-04-2024 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274888)
Yeah i feel ya. Got one colleague going around saying what my TL is untrustable, but then when in front of him, laugh and joke and chio chio.........

Or go lunch or play soccer together!!!

I thought I was the only one who notice this!!! How come when I join mas people only tell me nice things, no one told me that you may have to co-exist with such manipulative!!!

Unregistered 12-04-2024 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274864)
Actually beyond DD is D...that one very hard to get leh......
Then again, promotion within DD, depends on whether you are the boss's pet.

Speaking of games, that's where one of the games are, fighting to become the boss's pet, then frenemy the rest, so you get promoted ahead XD!

Wow, how did you become so jaded by work in MAS! XD

Unregistered 12-04-2024 11:57 PM

Looks like this place very toxic, no different from private sector. Then might as well go private sector earn the higher salary.

Unregistered 13-04-2024 12:57 AM

MAS or PSDLP better?