Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   MAS for Mid Career Professionals (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2119-monetary-authority-singapore-mid-career-professionals.html)

Unregistered 21-03-2024 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271849)
Wow, if govt gonna cut headcount means its no good man....

its always about productivity gains and being lean

Unregistered 21-03-2024 05:17 PM

I think they could be other reasons also....

Unregistered 21-03-2024 11:45 PM

Hi, heard from HR that the salary structure here is 12 month + 1.9 month bonus for average performer. (Though can go up to 2.5 month bonus for good performers).
Also From an earlier entry, seems that AD2 base monthly can be up to 10k?
Am mid career hire here. Hope to verify on the two points above, thanks!

Unregistered 22-03-2024 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271987)
Hi, heard from HR that the salary structure here is 12 month + 1.9 month bonus for average performer. (Though can go up to 2.5 month bonus for good performers).
Also From an earlier entry, seems that AD2 base monthly can be up to 10k?
Am mid career hire here. Hope to verify on the two points above, thanks!

Depends on the dept you joining. Got less than 1 month bons

Unregistered 22-03-2024 11:35 AM

Hello, can I check how much a newly re-designated AD1 (3YOE) is making per month?

How much is the increment from Associate to AD?

Unregistered 23-03-2024 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272002)
Depends on the dept you joining. Got less than 1 month bons

Any clues which dept this is? Less than 1 month bonus for average performer like a bit low...

Unregistered 23-03-2024 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271585)
I see, thanks for the insights! Do you happen to know how the MDD team culture is like? And are the team lead/bosses etc okay to work with? I strive under an environment where the bosses are capable and do not micromanage. Am Prepared to work hard if work is meaningful. Also Wrt to the point you mentioned on exit opportunities, does private sector value the experience of MDD staff? I had thought it would not be as transferable. Genuine question as I inferred from past threads that staff usually just rotate, instead of going out.

Not sure but think MDD’s work in direct intervention in forex markets may be transferable to private sector? Think FIs may value some MAS experience..

Unregistered 23-03-2024 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271585)
I see, thanks for the insights! Do you happen to know how the MDD team culture is like? And are the team lead/bosses etc okay to work with? I strive under an environment where the bosses are capable and do not micromanage. Am Prepared to work hard if work is meaningful. Also Wrt to the point you mentioned on exit opportunities, does private sector value the experience of MDD staff? I had thought it would not be as transferable. Genuine question as I inferred from past threads that staff usually just rotate, instead of going out.

I'm the one who originally replied you. Private sector values the ability to understand central bank thinking to predict central bank interventions. In the US, S&P 500 is literally reacting to expected rate cuts by the Fed, even before the Fed actually cuts the rates.

Some sensitive functions have the legendary requirement to inform HR of the intent to leave 6 months in advance. But maybe that's why it isn't easy to go private too, unless you can find someone willing to wait for you for 6 months, or inform HR of your intent to leave the moment you join and keep informing them every subsequent month.

Unregistered 23-03-2024 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271862)
Some policymaker has gotten into his head that AI can save the service alot of money. So now even other ministries and statboards in other threads are reporting the PB amount is being lower than usual.

So it seems to be in full force throughout the service.

Well who is the ultimate policymaker? If you are not happy with their performance the once every five chance is here soon for you to express your views

Unregistered 23-03-2024 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272232)
I'm the one who originally replied you. Private sector values the ability to understand central bank thinking to predict central bank interventions. In the US, S&P 500 is literally reacting to expected rate cuts by the Fed, even before the Fed actually cuts the rates.

Some sensitive functions have the legendary requirement to inform HR of the intent to leave 6 months in advance. But maybe that's why it isn't easy to go private too, unless you can find someone willing to wait for you for 6 months, or inform HR of your intent to leave the moment you join and keep informing them every subsequent month.

Sorry to break the news but MAS is not the same influential level as the Fed. As far as i know MDD folks have good outlook within MAS but private sector outlook is quite poor. It is not exactly easy to a good fit in banks outside.